Lena Dunham Scores More Than $3.5 Million in Book Deal
Succeeding in her HBO TV series "Girls" as a writer, director and actress in one package, Lena Dunham plans to launch a collection of her autobiographical essays. The Random House Publisher was reported to sign her for more than $3.5 million on October 8.
Speaking about her advice book, the 26-year-old actress said, "There is nothing gutsier to me than a person announcing that their story is one that deserves to be told, especially if that person is a woman." Entitled "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned", it collected Dunham's private stories with some wisdom to share.
The book is meant to give people some advice concerning her mistakes in the past. It is expected to be a big hit given that she kicked some serious ass with "Girls". Lena once perceived Helen Gurley Brown's book "Having It All" as an inspiration, though she considered it as beyond any thoughts.
The essay collection contains honest accounts of her losing virginity and effort to have a healthy diet. Also cited inside are death obsession, tips about how to stay focused on work, as well as advices about building a potential relationship. One section describes "the most awkward date ever with an older director." Moreover, it includes her travel to various places such as Israel and Japan.
More Lena Dunham News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!