Lena Dunham Scores More Than $3.5 Million in Book Deal
Succeeding in her HBO TV series "Girls" as a writer, director and actress in one package, Lena Dunham plans to launch a collection of her autobiographical essays. The Random House Publisher was reported to sign her for more than $3.5 million on October 8.
Speaking about her advice book, the 26-year-old actress said, "There is nothing gutsier to me than a person announcing that their story is one that deserves to be told, especially if that person is a woman." Entitled "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned", it collected Dunham's private stories with some wisdom to share.
The book is meant to give people some advice concerning her mistakes in the past. It is expected to be a big hit given that she kicked some serious ass with "Girls". Lena once perceived Helen Gurley Brown's book "Having It All" as an inspiration, though she considered it as beyond any thoughts.
The essay collection contains honest accounts of her losing virginity and effort to have a healthy diet. Also cited inside are death obsession, tips about how to stay focused on work, as well as advices about building a potential relationship. One section describes "the most awkward date ever with an older director." Moreover, it includes her travel to various places such as Israel and Japan.
More Lena Dunham News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked