Rosie O'Donnell Moved by 'Honey Boo Boo' Because of Their Honesty
Rosie O'Donnell once again declared her love for "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" family members. After saying in an interview that she'd like to meet and buy them a house, the TV host took to Twitter to explain the things that made her fall in love with the family, in case people didn't get it.
Although many slammed the reality show for being "outrageous" and "exploitative," Rosie didn't see it that way. "The show moves me - the honesty touches me," she dished on. She, however, clarified, "I am not in the market for buying homes for whoever u deem needy enough."
Rosie first sang praise to the family when having a sit-down with PEOPLE. "I love Mama June. I love Sugar Bear. I love Chubbs, I love 'em all," she gushed before applauding Honey Boo Boo a.k.a Alana Thompson, "She has a presence and an intellect that goes way beyond her years."
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is a juggernaut on TLC, absorbing as much as 2.3 million in average of viewers per episode despite the harsh criticisms. Due to its steadily-strong ratings, the "Toddlers and Tiaras" spin-off is renewed for a second season.
"People are going to talk, good and bad, and it is what it is," June Shannon shrugged off the critics when talking to CNN. The family matriarch didn't regret her decision to get their lives documented, "My family, we enjoy what we've done and I would do it again."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media