Rosie O'Donnell Moved by 'Honey Boo Boo' Because of Their Honesty
Rosie O'Donnell once again declared her love for "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" family members. After saying in an interview that she'd like to meet and buy them a house, the TV host took to Twitter to explain the things that made her fall in love with the family, in case people didn't get it.
Although many slammed the reality show for being "outrageous" and "exploitative," Rosie didn't see it that way. "The show moves me - the honesty touches me," she dished on. She, however, clarified, "I am not in the market for buying homes for whoever u deem needy enough."
Rosie first sang praise to the family when having a sit-down with PEOPLE. "I love Mama June. I love Sugar Bear. I love Chubbs, I love 'em all," she gushed before applauding Honey Boo Boo a.k.a Alana Thompson, "She has a presence and an intellect that goes way beyond her years."
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is a juggernaut on TLC, absorbing as much as 2.3 million in average of viewers per episode despite the harsh criticisms. Due to its steadily-strong ratings, the "Toddlers and Tiaras" spin-off is renewed for a second season.
"People are going to talk, good and bad, and it is what it is," June Shannon shrugged off the critics when talking to CNN. The family matriarch didn't regret her decision to get their lives documented, "My family, we enjoy what we've done and I would do it again."
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage