Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Arrives in Full
Taylor Swift continues the countdown of her new studio album "Red" which is due in the United States on October 22. Two weeks before the album release, she unleashes a brand new song called "I Knew You Were Trouble" to keep fans on their toes.
In the song, 22-year-old Taylor sings about an anonymous boyfriend that shatters her heart after a breakup. While the theme of the song is not entirely new in her catalogue, the music is surprisingly refreshing with its dubstep sounds unlike her usual pop/country vibes.
She sings her heartache, "I knew you were trouble when you walked in/ Shame on me now/ I flew me to places I'd never been/ So you put me down/ I knew you were trouble when you walked in/ Shame on me now/ I flew me to places I'd never been/ Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground."
Of the song, she said, "It's about, kind of, being frustrated with yourself because here you are heartbroken and you knew when you first saw that person, you saw all these red flags and you just went for it, anyway." She added, "[The] sounds just as chaotic as the feeling was when I wrote it."
The song was released in its entirety a few hours after being previewed on "Good Morning America". Taylor will release one fresh song each week leading up to the album release date. The countdown is expected to culminate with her performance on "GMA".
More Taylor Swift News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her