Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Arrives in Full
Taylor Swift continues the countdown of her new studio album "Red" which is due in the United States on October 22. Two weeks before the album release, she unleashes a brand new song called "I Knew You Were Trouble" to keep fans on their toes.
In the song, 22-year-old Taylor sings about an anonymous boyfriend that shatters her heart after a breakup. While the theme of the song is not entirely new in her catalogue, the music is surprisingly refreshing with its dubstep sounds unlike her usual pop/country vibes.
She sings her heartache, "I knew you were trouble when you walked in/ Shame on me now/ I flew me to places I'd never been/ So you put me down/ I knew you were trouble when you walked in/ Shame on me now/ I flew me to places I'd never been/ Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground."
Of the song, she said, "It's about, kind of, being frustrated with yourself because here you are heartbroken and you knew when you first saw that person, you saw all these red flags and you just went for it, anyway." She added, "[The] sounds just as chaotic as the feeling was when I wrote it."
The song was released in its entirety a few hours after being previewed on "Good Morning America". Taylor will release one fresh song each week leading up to the album release date. The countdown is expected to culminate with her performance on "GMA".
More Taylor Swift News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes