Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Arrives in Full
Taylor Swift continues the countdown of her new studio album "Red" which is due in the United States on October 22. Two weeks before the album release, she unleashes a brand new song called "I Knew You Were Trouble" to keep fans on their toes.
In the song, 22-year-old Taylor sings about an anonymous boyfriend that shatters her heart after a breakup. While the theme of the song is not entirely new in her catalogue, the music is surprisingly refreshing with its dubstep sounds unlike her usual pop/country vibes.
She sings her heartache, "I knew you were trouble when you walked in/ Shame on me now/ I flew me to places I'd never been/ So you put me down/ I knew you were trouble when you walked in/ Shame on me now/ I flew me to places I'd never been/ Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground."
Of the song, she said, "It's about, kind of, being frustrated with yourself because here you are heartbroken and you knew when you first saw that person, you saw all these red flags and you just went for it, anyway." She added, "[The] sounds just as chaotic as the feeling was when I wrote it."
The song was released in its entirety a few hours after being previewed on "Good Morning America". Taylor will release one fresh song each week leading up to the album release date. The countdown is expected to culminate with her performance on "GMA".
More Taylor Swift News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media