NBC Postpones 'Community' and 'Whitney' Season Premieres
Less than two weeks before the scheduled premiere dates of "Community" season 4 and "Whitney" season 2, NBC decides to postpone the show's returns. The network explains that the delay is intended to give more time to promote the two shows, but hasn't announced new return dates.
"Given the success we've had for the past four weeks - including winning the first week of the season in adults 18-49, we've decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold 'Community' and 'Whitney' from their previously announced premieres of Oct. 19," NBC explains in a statement.
"Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week. Plus, we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights," the network goes on reasoning. "When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of 'Whitney' and 'Community'."
"Grimm" repeats are going to fill in the 8 P.M. and 9 P.M. slots on Fridays.
"Community" gets a shortened season of 13 episodes in its fourth year, while "Whitney" has been ordered for a full second-season. The Joel McHale-starring show has David Guarascio and Moses Port as new showrunners after creator Dan Harmon was reportedly fired from the post.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'