NBC Postpones 'Community' and 'Whitney' Season Premieres
Less than two weeks before the scheduled premiere dates of "Community" season 4 and "Whitney" season 2, NBC decides to postpone the show's returns. The network explains that the delay is intended to give more time to promote the two shows, but hasn't announced new return dates.
"Given the success we've had for the past four weeks - including winning the first week of the season in adults 18-49, we've decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold 'Community' and 'Whitney' from their previously announced premieres of Oct. 19," NBC explains in a statement.
"Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week. Plus, we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights," the network goes on reasoning. "When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of 'Whitney' and 'Community'."
"Grimm" repeats are going to fill in the 8 P.M. and 9 P.M. slots on Fridays.
"Community" gets a shortened season of 13 episodes in its fourth year, while "Whitney" has been ordered for a full second-season. The Joel McHale-starring show has David Guarascio and Moses Port as new showrunners after creator Dan Harmon was reportedly fired from the post.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd