Anne Hathway to Go Back to Rom-Com Genre With Mindy Kaling's Film
Anne Hathaway is set to go back to her romantic comedy root. The Catwoman of "The Dark Knight Rises" will team up with Mindy Kaling in a new rom-com flick called "The Low Self-Esteem of Lizzie Gillespie".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kaling serves as a co-writer for the project alongside Brent Forrester. "The Mindy Project" star is also expected to take a supporting role, while Hathaway is poised to tackle the lead role.
The story itself follows a woman whose lack of self-worth has limited her choice in men to losers. She almost hits the bottom of the barrel when life gives her an unexpected turn as a hottest guy ever suddenly pursues her.
Currently in the development process, the "Lizzie Gillespie" project is still looking for a director. There's still no word on when the movie is projected to kick off filming. The new rom-com will be produced by Lianne Halfon and Russell Smith through Mr. Mudd Productions.
Hathaway has starred in a number of popular rom-com flicks, such as "The Devil Wears Prada", "Bride Wars", "Valentine's Day" and "Love and Other Drugs". She's most recently turned into action mode when starring as Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's last Batman film. She will next be seen in much-awaited musical drama "Les Miserables", which is set to come out Stateside on December 25.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip