Coldplay's 'Hurts Like Heaven' Video Teases 'Mylo Xyloto' Comics
Coldplay give a preview of their upcoming comic book series in a new music video for their song "Hurts Like Heaven". The visuals doesn't feature members of the British band at all, but it's fully packed with animated scenes that are based on the band's six-part comic book series "Mylo Xyloto".
Set in a dark-toned dystopian world, the Mark Osborne-directed clip sees graffiti artists couple who rebels against dictator Major Minus, who has an army called Silencers. At the end of the video, the pair is separated when the boyfriend is seized by the troops. The lovers then inspire a young boy named Mylo to save the world.
The clip for the upbeat song serves as a prequel to the Mylo's story in the comic series. The comics themselves are inspired by the four-piece group's latest album of the same title, "Mylo Xyloto". The books are projected to be released sometime in February 2013. Prior to the release of the comics, the Chris Martin-fronted band are scheduled to unleash a new live album/concert movie on November 20.
Coldplay's "Hurts Like Heaven" Music Video
More Coldplay News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song