Coldplay's 'Hurts Like Heaven' Video Teases 'Mylo Xyloto' Comics
Coldplay give a preview of their upcoming comic book series in a new music video for their song "Hurts Like Heaven". The visuals doesn't feature members of the British band at all, but it's fully packed with animated scenes that are based on the band's six-part comic book series "Mylo Xyloto".
Set in a dark-toned dystopian world, the Mark Osborne-directed clip sees graffiti artists couple who rebels against dictator Major Minus, who has an army called Silencers. At the end of the video, the pair is separated when the boyfriend is seized by the troops. The lovers then inspire a young boy named Mylo to save the world.
The clip for the upbeat song serves as a prequel to the Mylo's story in the comic series. The comics themselves are inspired by the four-piece group's latest album of the same title, "Mylo Xyloto". The books are projected to be released sometime in February 2013. Prior to the release of the comics, the Chris Martin-fronted band are scheduled to unleash a new live album/concert movie on November 20.
Coldplay's "Hurts Like Heaven" Music Video
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease