Coldplay's 'Hurts Like Heaven' Video Teases 'Mylo Xyloto' Comics
Coldplay give a preview of their upcoming comic book series in a new music video for their song "Hurts Like Heaven". The visuals doesn't feature members of the British band at all, but it's fully packed with animated scenes that are based on the band's six-part comic book series "Mylo Xyloto".
Set in a dark-toned dystopian world, the Mark Osborne-directed clip sees graffiti artists couple who rebels against dictator Major Minus, who has an army called Silencers. At the end of the video, the pair is separated when the boyfriend is seized by the troops. The lovers then inspire a young boy named Mylo to save the world.
The clip for the upbeat song serves as a prequel to the Mylo's story in the comic series. The comics themselves are inspired by the four-piece group's latest album of the same title, "Mylo Xyloto". The books are projected to be released sometime in February 2013. Prior to the release of the comics, the Chris Martin-fronted band are scheduled to unleash a new live album/concert movie on November 20.
Coldplay's "Hurts Like Heaven" Music Video
More Coldplay News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding