Coldplay's 'Hurts Like Heaven' Video Teases 'Mylo Xyloto' Comics
Coldplay give a preview of their upcoming comic book series in a new music video for their song "Hurts Like Heaven". The visuals doesn't feature members of the British band at all, but it's fully packed with animated scenes that are based on the band's six-part comic book series "Mylo Xyloto".
Set in a dark-toned dystopian world, the Mark Osborne-directed clip sees graffiti artists couple who rebels against dictator Major Minus, who has an army called Silencers. At the end of the video, the pair is separated when the boyfriend is seized by the troops. The lovers then inspire a young boy named Mylo to save the world.
The clip for the upbeat song serves as a prequel to the Mylo's story in the comic series. The comics themselves are inspired by the four-piece group's latest album of the same title, "Mylo Xyloto". The books are projected to be released sometime in February 2013. Prior to the release of the comics, the Chris Martin-fronted band are scheduled to unleash a new live album/concert movie on November 20.
More Coldplay News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test