'The Mindy Project' and 'Ben and Kate' Get Full-Season Orders From FOX
FOX has announced the first two shows of its fall freshmen to get a full season. The network orders nine additional episodes of "The Mindy Project", and six additional episodes of "Ben and Kate", bringing both comedies to full seasons.
" 'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy ... smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real," says FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly, "which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays."
Dubbed the No. 1 new comedy in adults 18-34 demo this season, "The Mindy Project" debuted to 4.6 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in the demo. It follows Mindy Kaling's titular character who is a skilled OB/GYN juggling her career and love life.
"Ben and Kate" generated favorable reviews upon its premiere, which drew a 2.1 rating in the coveted demo and 4.2 million total viewers. The story revolves around Dakota Johnson's Kate and her brother Ben (Nat Faxon), who is her exact opposite. He moves in with his sister to help take care of her daughter.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere