'The Mindy Project' and 'Ben and Kate' Get Full-Season Orders From FOX
FOX has announced the first two shows of its fall freshmen to get a full season. The network orders nine additional episodes of "The Mindy Project", and six additional episodes of "Ben and Kate", bringing both comedies to full seasons.
" 'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy ... smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real," says FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly, "which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays."
Dubbed the No. 1 new comedy in adults 18-34 demo this season, "The Mindy Project" debuted to 4.6 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in the demo. It follows Mindy Kaling's titular character who is a skilled OB/GYN juggling her career and love life.
"Ben and Kate" generated favorable reviews upon its premiere, which drew a 2.1 rating in the coveted demo and 4.2 million total viewers. The story revolves around Dakota Johnson's Kate and her brother Ben (Nat Faxon), who is her exact opposite. He moves in with his sister to help take care of her daughter.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama