'The Mindy Project' and 'Ben and Kate' Get Full-Season Orders From FOX
FOX has announced the first two shows of its fall freshmen to get a full season. The network orders nine additional episodes of "The Mindy Project", and six additional episodes of "Ben and Kate", bringing both comedies to full seasons.
" 'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy ... smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real," says FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly, "which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays."
Dubbed the No. 1 new comedy in adults 18-34 demo this season, "The Mindy Project" debuted to 4.6 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in the demo. It follows Mindy Kaling's titular character who is a skilled OB/GYN juggling her career and love life.
"Ben and Kate" generated favorable reviews upon its premiere, which drew a 2.1 rating in the coveted demo and 4.2 million total viewers. The story revolves around Dakota Johnson's Kate and her brother Ben (Nat Faxon), who is her exact opposite. He moves in with his sister to help take care of her daughter.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers