'The Mindy Project' and 'Ben and Kate' Get Full-Season Orders From FOX
FOX has announced the first two shows of its fall freshmen to get a full season. The network orders nine additional episodes of "The Mindy Project", and six additional episodes of "Ben and Kate", bringing both comedies to full seasons.
" 'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy ... smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real," says FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly, "which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays."
Dubbed the No. 1 new comedy in adults 18-34 demo this season, "The Mindy Project" debuted to 4.6 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in the demo. It follows Mindy Kaling's titular character who is a skilled OB/GYN juggling her career and love life.
"Ben and Kate" generated favorable reviews upon its premiere, which drew a 2.1 rating in the coveted demo and 4.2 million total viewers. The story revolves around Dakota Johnson's Kate and her brother Ben (Nat Faxon), who is her exact opposite. He moves in with his sister to help take care of her daughter.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story