'The Mindy Project' and 'Ben and Kate' Get Full-Season Orders From FOX
FOX has announced the first two shows of its fall freshmen to get a full season. The network orders nine additional episodes of "The Mindy Project", and six additional episodes of "Ben and Kate", bringing both comedies to full seasons.
" 'Ben and Kate' and 'The Mindy Project' have everything we want to stand for in comedy ... smart writing, hugely appealing casts and comedy that feels contemporary and real," says FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly, "which is why we're confident they will continue to build on what is already an appointment comedy night for young, influential audiences on Tuesdays."
Dubbed the No. 1 new comedy in adults 18-34 demo this season, "The Mindy Project" debuted to 4.6 million viewers and a 2.4 rating in the demo. It follows Mindy Kaling's titular character who is a skilled OB/GYN juggling her career and love life.
"Ben and Kate" generated favorable reviews upon its premiere, which drew a 2.1 rating in the coveted demo and 4.2 million total viewers. The story revolves around Dakota Johnson's Kate and her brother Ben (Nat Faxon), who is her exact opposite. He moves in with his sister to help take care of her daughter.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny