'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie Finds Its Screenwriter
The writer who will provide "Fifty Shades of Grey" script has officially been hired. Universal Pictures and Focus Features confirm that Kelly Marcel is set to serve as the screenwriter for the highly-anticipated film adaptation of the E.L. James bestselling steamy novel.
Upon announcing the news, producer Michael De Luca says, "Kelly's work demonstrates her flawless structural technique and passionate commitment to emotion, humor and depth of character which is particularly visible in the celebrated screenplay for the upcoming 'Saving Mr. Banks'."
Agreeing with his producing partner's opinion, Dana Brunetti adds, "We were all taken with the depth and passion of Kelly's engagement with the characters and world E L James has created and we knew she was the right person to augment our 'Fifty Shades' family."
Marcel herself wrote "Saving Mr. Banks" script, which appeared on 2011 Black List. She also served as the co-creator and executive producer for Amblin/FOX's "Terra Nova". Her other upcoming project is producing "The Madonnas of Echo Park" for HBO.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" has become one of the most-talked-about movie projects since it was first announced earlier this year. While the film still hasn't secured its director, fans have been massively speculating on who are going to play lead couple Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The story of the bestselling book itself follows the S&M relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Christian and college student Ana. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed". The first book is included in the New York Times bestseller list.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video