Demi Lovato Ditches Bad Buddies After Rehab
Demi Lovato finally opened up to Teen Vogue for November's cover page about her dumping disloyal buddies. In the exclusive interview, Demi stated that after doing so, she was happy to have just fewer friends but true ones.
"I did kind of a friend cleanse right after rehab, where I weeded out people who didn't have my best interests at heart," Demi told the magazine, "Now I have friends who love me for who I am and don't care about what I'm doing... Some of them don't even know my songs!"
The rehabilitation seemed to give her a great lesson about friendship. "After I got out of treatment, I turned on my phone, and there were only four text messages. I was like, 'Wow!'" she recalled. She did not clarify who kept in touch with her while she was in a treatment facility, but it was believed that Selena Gomez and Kim Kardashian were among them.
In September this year, Demi also revealed to Katie Couric about the prison-like impression she got about her rehab, "Treatment was so difficult at first. I remember walking around saying 'I'm in prison!'" Then, she continued, "They needed to have those strict rules in order for me to understand how sick I was."
Later, she mentioned the rules of the treatment center, "I wasn't allowed to use the bathroom by myself. We had specific phone times." She went further, "There are tons of things you weren't allowed to have, you weren't allowed to have certain hair products or whatever, that you could injure yourself with or possibly drink, and you were just stripped of a lot of things."
The "Give Your Heart A Break" singer had to leave "Jonas Brothers Live in Concert World Tour 2010" on October 30, 2010 after she punched one of the female backup dancers. Back then, a source told E! News that "The X Factor (US)" judge had to work on her emotional and physical issues in a rehabilitation center.
More Demi Lovato News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth