Videos: Katy Perry Performs at Obama's Campaign Fundraiser Concert
Footage of Katy Perry singing at Barack Obama's campaign fundraiser at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles hit the web. The 27-year-old singer delivered some singles including her own uplifting song "Firework" and a rendition of Al Green's classic "Let's Stay Together".
"Today I am so honored to play for the President!" the West Coast chart-topping singer tweeted. She later posted a picture of her nail polish that featured Mr. President's face and Democrat's mascot. "Appropriate nails ... Today I am so honoured to play for the President!" she gushed.
Other performers included Jon Bon Jovi, Earth, Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder and Jennifer Hudson. Stevie led the crowd to "Barack the Vote" and sang his hit single "Superstition" by altering part of the lyrics to "Barack Obama for Four More Years."
Obama later appeared on stage introduced by George Clooney. "They just perform flawlessly night after night. I can't always say the same," Mr. President referred to the performers as he addressed his lackluster performance at a recent presidential debate against GOP candidate Mitt Romney.
He then revisited his journey to the White House. "Back in 2008 - everybody always remembers the victory, but they don't always remember the bumps in the road," he said. "Things always look good in retrospect. But in the middle of it ... we made all kinds of mistakes. We goofed up. I goofed up. But the American people carried us forward."
"If there's one thing I know, we've come a long way and we've come too far to turn back now," he additionally said.
"Let's Stay Together":
More Katy Perry News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3