First Teaser for Stanley Kubrick Documentary 'Room 237'
Rodney Ascher's much-talked-about documentary "Room 237" debuts its very first teaser trailer. Boasting a tagline that reads, "Are you ready to return to Room 237?", the video doesn't reveal too many details of the movie. It only features moving shots of floor which ends to a closed door, but the spooky backsound of the video can simply cause goosebumps to the viewers.
"Room 237" unveils the "dark secret" surrounding the crazy conspiracies behind legendary director Stanley Kubrick's 1980 horror film "The Shining", which was adapted from Stephen King's most successful novel. Within 30 years after the release of the film, a considerable cult of Shining devotees emerged.
Fans who claim to have decoded the film's secret messages address everything from the genocide of Native Americans to a range of government conspiracies. Filmmaker Ascher's wry and provocative "Room 237" fuses fact and fiction through interviews with cultists and scholars, creating a kaleidoscopic deconstruction of Kubrick's still-controversial classic pic.
Generating critical acclaims, the documentary movie was first introduced at Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was later screened at Cannes, NYFF and Fantastic Fest as well. It still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star