First Teaser for Stanley Kubrick Documentary 'Room 237'
Rodney Ascher's much-talked-about documentary "Room 237" debuts its very first teaser trailer. Boasting a tagline that reads, "Are you ready to return to Room 237?", the video doesn't reveal too many details of the movie. It only features moving shots of floor which ends to a closed door, but the spooky backsound of the video can simply cause goosebumps to the viewers.
"Room 237" unveils the "dark secret" surrounding the crazy conspiracies behind legendary director Stanley Kubrick's 1980 horror film "The Shining", which was adapted from Stephen King's most successful novel. Within 30 years after the release of the film, a considerable cult of Shining devotees emerged.
Fans who claim to have decoded the film's secret messages address everything from the genocide of Native Americans to a range of government conspiracies. Filmmaker Ascher's wry and provocative "Room 237" fuses fact and fiction through interviews with cultists and scholars, creating a kaleidoscopic deconstruction of Kubrick's still-controversial classic pic.
Generating critical acclaims, the documentary movie was first introduced at Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was later screened at Cannes, NYFF and Fantastic Fest as well. It still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival