First Teaser for Stanley Kubrick Documentary 'Room 237'
Rodney Ascher's much-talked-about documentary "Room 237" debuts its very first teaser trailer. Boasting a tagline that reads, "Are you ready to return to Room 237?", the video doesn't reveal too many details of the movie. It only features moving shots of floor which ends to a closed door, but the spooky backsound of the video can simply cause goosebumps to the viewers.
"Room 237" unveils the "dark secret" surrounding the crazy conspiracies behind legendary director Stanley Kubrick's 1980 horror film "The Shining", which was adapted from Stephen King's most successful novel. Within 30 years after the release of the film, a considerable cult of Shining devotees emerged.
Fans who claim to have decoded the film's secret messages address everything from the genocide of Native Americans to a range of government conspiracies. Filmmaker Ascher's wry and provocative "Room 237" fuses fact and fiction through interviews with cultists and scholars, creating a kaleidoscopic deconstruction of Kubrick's still-controversial classic pic.
Generating critical acclaims, the documentary movie was first introduced at Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was later screened at Cannes, NYFF and Fantastic Fest as well. It still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding