Artist of the Week: Kanye West
There's no shortage of topics when it comes to rap mogul Kanye West who has been in industry for more than a decade. People have been talking about his Twitter and on-stage rants, his relationship with Kim Kardashian and his endeavor in fashion world, but at the end of the day, he's a musician, a talented one.
Having his fair share of solo hit records and a successful "Watch the Throne" mega project with Jay-Z, Kanye now leads his G.O.O.D. Music comrade to bust the charts with a collective project called "Cruel Summer". He and his homies debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 and ruled R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
G.O.O.D. Music crew included in the project were Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Common, Kid Cudi, John Legend, CyHi Da Prynce and Teyana Taylor. Stars from the other labels like Jay-Z, R. Kelly, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, The-Dream, Jadakiss and Marsha Ambrosius made contributions as well.
Following the success of "Cruel Summer", talks about another star-studded project started brewing. Q-Tip recently hinted that the "Heartless" hitmaker was planning to gather his artists once again for a "Winter" CD. "If there's a 'Cruel Summer' then there's got to be a 'Cruel Winter' right?" Q-Tip gushed. "I'm sorry about that but I have to let the cat out of the bag."
More Kanye West News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama