President Obama Jokes About His Poor Performance at Presidential Debate
Barack Obama acknowledged his lackluster performance at a debate against GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney on national television. Mr. President talked about the poor face-off when appearing in a star-studded campaign fundraiser at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
Introduced by George Clooney, the commander-in-chief noted that he couldn't always perform perfectly each night unlike the musical guests who rocked the stage earlier in the evening. "They just perform flawlessly night after night. I can't always say the same," he said to laughter and cheers.
Romney got a boost after Obama failed to deliver on some aspects in the first presidential debate. While making light of the situation with a joke, Mr. President addressed the matter seriously. He said there would be some adjustments in his presidential campaign following the debate.
"Back in 2008 - everybody always remembers the victory, but they don't always remember the bumps in the road," he said. "Things always look good in retrospect. But in the middle of it ... we made all kinds of mistakes. We goofed up. I goofed up. But the American people carried us forward."
Clooney himself said when introducing Obama, "Four years ago the stock market was half what it is today, Osama bin Laden was still alive and 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua' was the top-grossing movie at the box office. And you want to tell me that we aren't better off today than we were four years ago?"
Dubbed "30 Days to Victory", the event supporting the final stretch of Obama's race against Romney featured Jon Bon Jovi, Earth, Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry and Jennifer Hudson. Around 6,000 people paid $250 each to attend the star-studded concert on Sunday, October 7.
Mr. President will spend two days on the West Coast. He came to an intimate gathering attended by former President Bill Clinton at the house of DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg. He was also expected to attend a $25,000 per-person dinner with 150 people at Wolfgang Puck's WP24 restaurant.
More Barack Obama News
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves