President Obama Jokes About His Poor Performance at Presidential Debate
Barack Obama acknowledged his lackluster performance at a debate against GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney on national television. Mr. President talked about the poor face-off when appearing in a star-studded campaign fundraiser at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
Introduced by George Clooney, the commander-in-chief noted that he couldn't always perform perfectly each night unlike the musical guests who rocked the stage earlier in the evening. "They just perform flawlessly night after night. I can't always say the same," he said to laughter and cheers.
Romney got a boost after Obama failed to deliver on some aspects in the first presidential debate. While making light of the situation with a joke, Mr. President addressed the matter seriously. He said there would be some adjustments in his presidential campaign following the debate.
"Back in 2008 - everybody always remembers the victory, but they don't always remember the bumps in the road," he said. "Things always look good in retrospect. But in the middle of it ... we made all kinds of mistakes. We goofed up. I goofed up. But the American people carried us forward."
Clooney himself said when introducing Obama, "Four years ago the stock market was half what it is today, Osama bin Laden was still alive and 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua' was the top-grossing movie at the box office. And you want to tell me that we aren't better off today than we were four years ago?"
Dubbed "30 Days to Victory", the event supporting the final stretch of Obama's race against Romney featured Jon Bon Jovi, Earth, Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry and Jennifer Hudson. Around 6,000 people paid $250 each to attend the star-studded concert on Sunday, October 7.
Mr. President will spend two days on the West Coast. He came to an intimate gathering attended by former President Bill Clinton at the house of DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg. He was also expected to attend a $25,000 per-person dinner with 150 people at Wolfgang Puck's WP24 restaurant.
More Barack Obama News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'