Video: Rihanna Performs in Azerbaijan Despite Protests
Rihanna was undeterred by a warning sent by Amnesty International and Sing for Democracy regarding the human right abuses in Azerbaijan. Despite the plea from the two non-profit organizations to cancel her performance in the country, she took the stage at Baku's Crystal Hall venue on Saturday, October 6 as scheduled.
Riri rocked a multi-colored animal-print outfit. The Bajan songstress performed a number of songs, kicking off her set with upbeat single "Only Girl (In the World)" and wrapping it up with dance anthem "We Found Love". Before the show, she excitedly tweeted, "Baku!!!!! I'm here!!!! I can't believe this is really happening!!"
The weekend gig was to help celebrate the current FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2012. Also scheduled to make live performances was Shakira.
More Rihanna News
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes