Video: Rihanna Performs in Azerbaijan Despite Protests
Rihanna was undeterred by a warning sent by Amnesty International and Sing for Democracy regarding the human right abuses in Azerbaijan. Despite the plea from the two non-profit organizations to cancel her performance in the country, she took the stage at Baku's Crystal Hall venue on Saturday, October 6 as scheduled.
Riri rocked a multi-colored animal-print outfit. The Bajan songstress performed a number of songs, kicking off her set with upbeat single "Only Girl (In the World)" and wrapping it up with dance anthem "We Found Love". Before the show, she excitedly tweeted, "Baku!!!!! I'm here!!!! I can't believe this is really happening!!"
The weekend gig was to help celebrate the current FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2012. Also scheduled to make live performances was Shakira.
More Rihanna News
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne