Video: Rihanna Performs in Azerbaijan Despite Protests
Rihanna was undeterred by a warning sent by Amnesty International and Sing for Democracy regarding the human right abuses in Azerbaijan. Despite the plea from the two non-profit organizations to cancel her performance in the country, she took the stage at Baku's Crystal Hall venue on Saturday, October 6 as scheduled.
Riri rocked a multi-colored animal-print outfit. The Bajan songstress performed a number of songs, kicking off her set with upbeat single "Only Girl (In the World)" and wrapping it up with dance anthem "We Found Love". Before the show, she excitedly tweeted, "Baku!!!!! I'm here!!!! I can't believe this is really happening!!"
The weekend gig was to help celebrate the current FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2012. Also scheduled to make live performances was Shakira.
More Rihanna News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton