Video: Rihanna Performs in Azerbaijan Despite Protests
Rihanna was undeterred by a warning sent by Amnesty International and Sing for Democracy regarding the human right abuses in Azerbaijan. Despite the plea from the two non-profit organizations to cancel her performance in the country, she took the stage at Baku's Crystal Hall venue on Saturday, October 6 as scheduled.
Riri rocked a multi-colored animal-print outfit. The Bajan songstress performed a number of songs, kicking off her set with upbeat single "Only Girl (In the World)" and wrapping it up with dance anthem "We Found Love". Before the show, she excitedly tweeted, "Baku!!!!! I'm here!!!! I can't believe this is really happening!!"
The weekend gig was to help celebrate the current FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2012. Also scheduled to make live performances was Shakira.
More Rihanna News
- Watch Charlie Puth's Sexy Music Video for 'Attention'
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Madonna Biopic 'Blonde Ambition' Is in the Works at Universal
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'