Video: Rihanna Performs in Azerbaijan Despite Protests
Rihanna was undeterred by a warning sent by Amnesty International and Sing for Democracy regarding the human right abuses in Azerbaijan. Despite the plea from the two non-profit organizations to cancel her performance in the country, she took the stage at Baku's Crystal Hall venue on Saturday, October 6 as scheduled.
Riri rocked a multi-colored animal-print outfit. The Bajan songstress performed a number of songs, kicking off her set with upbeat single "Only Girl (In the World)" and wrapping it up with dance anthem "We Found Love". Before the show, she excitedly tweeted, "Baku!!!!! I'm here!!!! I can't believe this is really happening!!"
The weekend gig was to help celebrate the current FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2012. Also scheduled to make live performances was Shakira.
More Rihanna News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'