Report: Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson Racing to Play Ms. Marvel in 'Avengers 2'
Another rumor surrounding Joss Whedon's "The Avengers 2" project has made its round onto the web. This time around, U.K.'s Daily Mail shares the words that the sequel to this year's box office Goliath "The Avengers" will feature another female hero who is none other than Ms. Marvel.
The British tabloid sparks the rumor when reporting that Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson are "head-to-head in a race for the most sought-after new female role" of Carol Danvers a.k.a Ms. Marvel. The two English beauties are reportedly "hotly tipped" for the highly-coveted part.
Emily Blunt was originally offered to play Black Widow in "Iron Man 2" before Scarlett Johansson took over the role. Additionally, her husband John Krasinski was once a top pick to star as Captain America before it eventually went to Chris Evans.
As for Ruth Wilson, the Surrey native is a familiar name for Marvel. She's previously worked with some Marvel actors such as "Thor" star Idris Elba and "Captain America: The First Avenger" actress Hayley Atwell. Her most recent role is the female lead in Disney's high-profile new film "The Lone Ranger".
For those who are unfamiliar with Ms. Marvel, the heroine first appeared in Marvel comics back in 1968. She was described as being injured by an explosion of a Kree device. Her DNA structure melded with that of Captain Marvel, giving her superpowers. The character was recently promoted as Captain Marvel and also given a new getup as well as comic series.
Skedded for a May 1, 2015 release in the U.S., "The Avengers 2" will bring back Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, and Mark Ruffalo as Hulk.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed