'Unwashed' Trunk in 'Casino Royale' Sold at Auction
Some Bond-related items were auctioned by Christie's on Friday, October 5, and among those who fetched the highest was an "unwashed" trunk worn by Daniel Craig in "Casino Royale". The size L, blue and navy swimming trunk has sold for 44,450 pounds after Judi Dench joked at the intro, "All I'm going to tell you is they're unwashed."
Among 50 pieces of 007 memorabilia went up for sale at the auction to mark the 50th anniversary of Bond films. Another piece from "Casino Royale" was the Aston Martin DB5 driven by Craig, which was sold for 241,250 pounds.
Proceeds from the auction went to charities such as Unicef UK and Childline. The money from the trunk, in particular, goes to Women for Women. "We are absolutely overwhelmed with the amount raised for the charity," Lord Marland, chairman of Tickets for Troops, which received some donation, said. "This is beyond our expectations and helps us to carry on with the fantastic work our team are doing."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl