'Unwashed' Trunk in 'Casino Royale' Sold at Auction
Some Bond-related items were auctioned by Christie's on Friday, October 5, and among those who fetched the highest was an "unwashed" trunk worn by Daniel Craig in "Casino Royale". The size L, blue and navy swimming trunk has sold for 44,450 pounds after Judi Dench joked at the intro, "All I'm going to tell you is they're unwashed."
Among 50 pieces of 007 memorabilia went up for sale at the auction to mark the 50th anniversary of Bond films. Another piece from "Casino Royale" was the Aston Martin DB5 driven by Craig, which was sold for 241,250 pounds.
Proceeds from the auction went to charities such as Unicef UK and Childline. The money from the trunk, in particular, goes to Women for Women. "We are absolutely overwhelmed with the amount raised for the charity," Lord Marland, chairman of Tickets for Troops, which received some donation, said. "This is beyond our expectations and helps us to carry on with the fantastic work our team are doing."
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC