'Unwashed' Trunk in 'Casino Royale' Sold at Auction
Some Bond-related items were auctioned by Christie's on Friday, October 5, and among those who fetched the highest was an "unwashed" trunk worn by Daniel Craig in "Casino Royale". The size L, blue and navy swimming trunk has sold for 44,450 pounds after Judi Dench joked at the intro, "All I'm going to tell you is they're unwashed."
Among 50 pieces of 007 memorabilia went up for sale at the auction to mark the 50th anniversary of Bond films. Another piece from "Casino Royale" was the Aston Martin DB5 driven by Craig, which was sold for 241,250 pounds.
Proceeds from the auction went to charities such as Unicef UK and Childline. The money from the trunk, in particular, goes to Women for Women. "We are absolutely overwhelmed with the amount raised for the charity," Lord Marland, chairman of Tickets for Troops, which received some donation, said. "This is beyond our expectations and helps us to carry on with the fantastic work our team are doing."
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series