'Unwashed' Trunk in 'Casino Royale' Sold at Auction
Some Bond-related items were auctioned by Christie's on Friday, October 5, and among those who fetched the highest was an "unwashed" trunk worn by Daniel Craig in "Casino Royale". The size L, blue and navy swimming trunk has sold for 44,450 pounds after Judi Dench joked at the intro, "All I'm going to tell you is they're unwashed."
Among 50 pieces of 007 memorabilia went up for sale at the auction to mark the 50th anniversary of Bond films. Another piece from "Casino Royale" was the Aston Martin DB5 driven by Craig, which was sold for 241,250 pounds.
Proceeds from the auction went to charities such as Unicef UK and Childline. The money from the trunk, in particular, goes to Women for Women. "We are absolutely overwhelmed with the amount raised for the charity," Lord Marland, chairman of Tickets for Troops, which received some donation, said. "This is beyond our expectations and helps us to carry on with the fantastic work our team are doing."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video