Sienna Miller to Be Mark Ruffalo's Widow in True Story Pic 'Foxcatcher'
Bennett Miller's tragic crime movie "Foxcatcher" has added Sienna Miller to its starry cast ensemble. According to Deadline, the fiance of Tom Sturridge will star as the wife of Mark Ruffalo's character, a wrestler who is killed by his own friend.
The movie is based on true story of John du Pont, a paranoid schizophrenic who built a wrestling training facility on his 800-acre Pennsylvania estate. There, he subsequently shot and killed Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler David Schultz in 1966.
Heir to his family's chemical fortune, du Pont locked himself in his mansion for two days after murdering his friend, and spent the time on the phone with negotiators. The authorities were finally able to lure the man out of his house when they shut off his power and heat.
Tackling the part of du Pont will be Steve Carell. The fillm is also supported by Channing Tatum who is set to portray Schultz's brother Mark. Marking Miller's follow-up film after his Oscar-nominated "Moneyball", "Foxcatcher" is scheduled to kick off the production this October.
The high-profile project is written by Oscar-winning writers Aaron Sorkin ("The Social Network") and Steven Zaillian ("Schindler's List"). Serving as the producers are such names as Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Scott Rudin.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'