Christian Bale Rejoins David O. Russell's New Star-Studded Drama Project
Christian Bale finally decides to get back to David O. Russell's untitled film project, which was formerly known as "American Bullshit". The Batman in "The Dark Knight Rises" previously turned down the offer to take the lead role in the drama, which is supposed to mark his second collaboration with Russell after they teamed up in Oscar-winning "The Fighter".
Bale is set to work alongside the likes of Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams. With him rejoining the project, the roles for each actor have been readjusted to the original plan where the "Public Enemies" actor was set to play the lead character. The part was previously passed to Cooper when Bale turned down the gig.
The untitled David O. Russell project is based on the true story of a notorious financial con artist (Bale) and his mistress/partner in crime (Adams), who were forced to work with an out of control federal agent (Cooper) to turn the tables on other con artists, mobsters, and politicians. At the epicenter of the entire tale is the passionate and volatile leader of the New Jersey state assembly (Renner) who is also the local hero and mayor of impoverished Camden.
Upon announcing the casting news, Atlas Entertainment's Charles Roven says, "David has put together an incredible ensemble of actors for what is going to be a powerful and emotional drama about one of the most memorable cast of characters in recent history." The film, which has Eric Warren Singer penning the original screenplay, is projected for a late 2013 release.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song