Sam Champion Betrothed to Rubem Robierb
Sam Champion is finally engaged to his longtime boyfriend, Rubem Robierb. Champion revealed it when attending Thomas Roberts and Patrick Abner's wedding reception on September 29.
He enthusiastically told The New York Times in the ceremony, "We're getting married New Year's Eve in Miami." Yet, his fiance Robierb corrected him, "We'll do it here [in New York] officially, and then have a party in Miami." The couple was seen having a dance together in the party.
The "Good Morning America" weather anchor gave a first look at his engagement ring to his co-workers the day after the betrothal. He also published his engagement news on Twitter, October 5. He brought his Brazilian-born photographer fiance and their pals to a celebration party as well.
By announcing his engagement, Champion has become the first co-anchor of morning shows to officially come out as a gay to the public. Though so, it's not a headline news for his friends and colleagues in media industries since he's actually always been open about his sexuality.
Among the colleagues congratulating the happy couple was GLAAD President Hendon Graddick, "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes." He then went on, "I've never been happier to share a bit of personal news!!" Next, he stated, "Sam has been a good friend and longtime supporter of GLAAD, and I wish him and Rubem the absolute best."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert