Sam Champion Betrothed to Rubem Robierb
Sam Champion is finally engaged to his longtime boyfriend, Rubem Robierb. Champion revealed it when attending Thomas Roberts and Patrick Abner's wedding reception on September 29.
He enthusiastically told The New York Times in the ceremony, "We're getting married New Year's Eve in Miami." Yet, his fiance Robierb corrected him, "We'll do it here [in New York] officially, and then have a party in Miami." The couple was seen having a dance together in the party.
The "Good Morning America" weather anchor gave a first look at his engagement ring to his co-workers the day after the betrothal. He also published his engagement news on Twitter, October 5. He brought his Brazilian-born photographer fiance and their pals to a celebration party as well.
By announcing his engagement, Champion has become the first co-anchor of morning shows to officially come out as a gay to the public. Though so, it's not a headline news for his friends and colleagues in media industries since he's actually always been open about his sexuality.
Among the colleagues congratulating the happy couple was GLAAD President Hendon Graddick, "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes." He then went on, "I've never been happier to share a bit of personal news!!" Next, he stated, "Sam has been a good friend and longtime supporter of GLAAD, and I wish him and Rubem the absolute best."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns