Sam Champion Betrothed to Rubem Robierb
Sam Champion is finally engaged to his longtime boyfriend, Rubem Robierb. Champion revealed it when attending Thomas Roberts and Patrick Abner's wedding reception on September 29.
He enthusiastically told The New York Times in the ceremony, "We're getting married New Year's Eve in Miami." Yet, his fiance Robierb corrected him, "We'll do it here [in New York] officially, and then have a party in Miami." The couple was seen having a dance together in the party.
The "Good Morning America" weather anchor gave a first look at his engagement ring to his co-workers the day after the betrothal. He also published his engagement news on Twitter, October 5. He brought his Brazilian-born photographer fiance and their pals to a celebration party as well.
By announcing his engagement, Champion has become the first co-anchor of morning shows to officially come out as a gay to the public. Though so, it's not a headline news for his friends and colleagues in media industries since he's actually always been open about his sexuality.
Among the colleagues congratulating the happy couple was GLAAD President Hendon Graddick, "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes." He then went on, "I've never been happier to share a bit of personal news!!" Next, he stated, "Sam has been a good friend and longtime supporter of GLAAD, and I wish him and Rubem the absolute best."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna