'The Price Is Right' Introduces First Male Model, Rob Wilson
The search for the first ever male model on "The Price Is Right" is over. The show officially announced during its Friday, October 5 episode that Boston native Rob Wilson nabbed the job and would begin his week-long gig on Monday, October 15.
Wilson was among hundreds of hopefuls who showed up during an open call in Los Angeles on August 30. The field was narrowed down to 26, who then competed in a series of challenges that aired on priceisright.com. They were put through their paces, including writing and singing original lyrics to the show's iconic theme music, showing their excitement as they were each called to "come on down" and experiencing the frantic pace of a costume change.
Wilson was then named the finalists along with Clint Brink and Nick Denbeigh. The model/actor, who spends his spare time playing basketball, football and hiking, came out as the winner after viewers cast their votes online from September 28 to October 4.
"The Price Is Right", which celebrated its 40th anniversary this year, is hosted by Drew Carey and airs 10 A.M. PT daily on CBS.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates