T.I. Saved Creed's Singer Scott Stapp From Suicide
T.I. is officially a life saver. Scott Stapp, the lead singer of rock band Creed, has shared that he had a low moment to the point of killing himself when the rapper stepped in and saved him.
Telling his story on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz", Stapp said he checked into a Miami hotel when he was still battling alcohol and drug addiction. He attempted suicide by jumping off the balcony, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. T.I. then showed up to save him.
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'roll tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
The rapper and Stapp met in 2004 when they collaborated on the songs for "The Passion of The Christ: Songs Inspired By" soundtrack. "We had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like. We'd talked about being fans of Alabama," Stapp said, adding meeting him again in a different situation was "ironic".
T.I. has a history of saving another life when he helped the police to talk to a suicidal man threatening to jump off 22nd floor in Atlanta. He heard about the man on the radio and went to the scene to negotiate with the man. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around," the rapper said after the incident.
More T.I. News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host