T.I. Saved Creed's Singer Scott Stapp From Suicide
T.I. is officially a life saver. Scott Stapp, the lead singer of rock band Creed, has shared that he had a low moment to the point of killing himself when the rapper stepped in and saved him.
Telling his story on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz", Stapp said he checked into a Miami hotel when he was still battling alcohol and drug addiction. He attempted suicide by jumping off the balcony, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. T.I. then showed up to save him.
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'roll tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
The rapper and Stapp met in 2004 when they collaborated on the songs for "The Passion of The Christ: Songs Inspired By" soundtrack. "We had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like. We'd talked about being fans of Alabama," Stapp said, adding meeting him again in a different situation was "ironic".
T.I. has a history of saving another life when he helped the police to talk to a suicidal man threatening to jump off 22nd floor in Atlanta. He heard about the man on the radio and went to the scene to negotiate with the man. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around," the rapper said after the incident.
More T.I. News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'