T.I. Saved Creed's Singer Scott Stapp From Suicide
T.I. is officially a life saver. Scott Stapp, the lead singer of rock band Creed, has shared that he had a low moment to the point of killing himself when the rapper stepped in and saved him.
Telling his story on VH1's "Big Morning Buzz", Stapp said he checked into a Miami hotel when he was still battling alcohol and drug addiction. He attempted suicide by jumping off the balcony, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. T.I. then showed up to save him.
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'roll tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
The rapper and Stapp met in 2004 when they collaborated on the songs for "The Passion of The Christ: Songs Inspired By" soundtrack. "We had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like. We'd talked about being fans of Alabama," Stapp said, adding meeting him again in a different situation was "ironic".
T.I. has a history of saving another life when he helped the police to talk to a suicidal man threatening to jump off 22nd floor in Atlanta. He heard about the man on the radio and went to the scene to negotiate with the man. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around," the rapper said after the incident.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale