Martin Landau and Virginia Madsen Join 'Anna Nicole Smith Story'
Lifetime's "The Anna Nicole Smith Story" is shaping up fast with the addition of Martin Landau and Virginia Madsen. The TV movie about the late Anna Nicole Smith's true life story from a small town girl to a Hollywood babe has also nabbed "American Psycho" helmer Mary Harron as director.
Landau, an Oscar-winning actor, is set to play oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall who married Smith when he was 89 and she was 26. In the casting call, Marshall is described physically "going gray, head gone bald and liver spots everywhere" but has "the glint that used to be in his eyes."
Meanwhile, Oscar nominee Madsen is to tackle the role of Smith's mother Virgie who raised her in Texas. She is "a plain-looking deputy living in a hardscrabble Texas town". She believes that men ruined her life so she is determined they won't do the same to her daughter.
It was announced earlier this week that the titular role will be played by "Private Practice" actress Agnes Bruckner. Per Deadline, Smith is a voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe -esque Playboy pin-up and model. Determined to be noticed, for good or ill, she gets her wish, but it comes at a steep price, both for her and her beloved son, Danny.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered