Martin Landau and Virginia Madsen Join 'Anna Nicole Smith Story'
Lifetime's "The Anna Nicole Smith Story" is shaping up fast with the addition of Martin Landau and Virginia Madsen. The TV movie about the late Anna Nicole Smith's true life story from a small town girl to a Hollywood babe has also nabbed "American Psycho" helmer Mary Harron as director.
Landau, an Oscar-winning actor, is set to play oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall who married Smith when he was 89 and she was 26. In the casting call, Marshall is described physically "going gray, head gone bald and liver spots everywhere" but has "the glint that used to be in his eyes."
Meanwhile, Oscar nominee Madsen is to tackle the role of Smith's mother Virgie who raised her in Texas. She is "a plain-looking deputy living in a hardscrabble Texas town". She believes that men ruined her life so she is determined they won't do the same to her daughter.
It was announced earlier this week that the titular role will be played by "Private Practice" actress Agnes Bruckner. Per Deadline, Smith is a voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe -esque Playboy pin-up and model. Determined to be noticed, for good or ill, she gets her wish, but it comes at a steep price, both for her and her beloved son, Danny.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier