Lady GaGa Backs Out of Kendrick Lamar's Album Due to Creative Differences
Lady GaGa explains why she's not featured in Kendrick Lamar's new album despite her initial announcement that she would make contribution. She apologizes for the absence, saying it happens due to creative differences and promising to release it "at a different time, for a different project."
She says in an open letter posted on her social networking site, "I apologize to the fans that this situation with 'Partynausous' is confusing. To it clear it up I must explain this. When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative. I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but I was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music."
The Mother Monster continues, "This is why I am not his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have. That song will be released at a different time, for a different project. I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He's a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city."
Lamar is going to release his album "good kid, m.A.A.d city" in the United States on October 22. It boasts collaborations with Drake, Dr. Dre, Jay Rock, Anna Wise and MC Eiht. GaGa was supposed to team up with Lamar in a song about Jakarta. She once said, "[It's about] my relationship with that country (sic). Wishing I could 'get high with the enemy' and make peace."
More Lady GaGa News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation