Lady GaGa Backs Out of Kendrick Lamar's Album Due to Creative Differences
Lady GaGa explains why she's not featured in Kendrick Lamar's new album despite her initial announcement that she would make contribution. She apologizes for the absence, saying it happens due to creative differences and promising to release it "at a different time, for a different project."
She says in an open letter posted on her social networking site, "I apologize to the fans that this situation with 'Partynausous' is confusing. To it clear it up I must explain this. When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative. I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but I was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music."
The Mother Monster continues, "This is why I am not his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have. That song will be released at a different time, for a different project. I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He's a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city."
Lamar is going to release his album "good kid, m.A.A.d city" in the United States on October 22. It boasts collaborations with Drake, Dr. Dre, Jay Rock, Anna Wise and MC Eiht. GaGa was supposed to team up with Lamar in a song about Jakarta. She once said, "[It's about] my relationship with that country (sic). Wishing I could 'get high with the enemy' and make peace."
More Lady GaGa News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child