Video: J.J. Abrams Unveils 'First Footage' of 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
J.J. Abrams is notoriously known for being uber-secretive about his "Star Trek Into Darkness" project, but during his recent visit on "CONAN", the bespectacled filmmaker generously unveiled a first look "clip" of the "Star Trek" sequel. However, audience must be literally really focused if they want to take a good look at what's inside the "clip" since it only lasts for less than two seconds.
After telling host Conan O'Brien that he wanted to do something special by bringing a "clip" of the film to the talk show, Abrams warned that the video was not "longer than three frames." He additionally gave a hint that the blink-and-you-miss-it footage saw Spock (Zachary Quinto) "in a volcano, in a crazy suit."
Though the film has already got a release date, Abrams still wouldn't reveal a single detail of the plot. Lead actor Chris Pine once hinted that the upcoming sequel would have comedic elements in it. "There's comedy, which I think J.J. does a great job of, but, like the first one, there's some serious issues being dealt with. And I'd say the threat is even greater in this one," he said.
The highly-anticipated sci-fi movie also stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho. It is set for a May 17, 2013 release Stateside.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen