Video: J.J. Abrams Unveils 'First Footage' of 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
J.J. Abrams is notoriously known for being uber-secretive about his "Star Trek Into Darkness" project, but during his recent visit on "CONAN", the bespectacled filmmaker generously unveiled a first look "clip" of the "Star Trek" sequel. However, audience must be literally really focused if they want to take a good look at what's inside the "clip" since it only lasts for less than two seconds.
After telling host Conan O'Brien that he wanted to do something special by bringing a "clip" of the film to the talk show, Abrams warned that the video was not "longer than three frames." He additionally gave a hint that the blink-and-you-miss-it footage saw Spock (Zachary Quinto) "in a volcano, in a crazy suit."
Though the film has already got a release date, Abrams still wouldn't reveal a single detail of the plot. Lead actor Chris Pine once hinted that the upcoming sequel would have comedic elements in it. "There's comedy, which I think J.J. does a great job of, but, like the first one, there's some serious issues being dealt with. And I'd say the threat is even greater in this one," he said.
The highly-anticipated sci-fi movie also stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho. It is set for a May 17, 2013 release Stateside.
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards