Video: J.J. Abrams Unveils 'First Footage' of 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
J.J. Abrams is notoriously known for being uber-secretive about his "Star Trek Into Darkness" project, but during his recent visit on "CONAN", the bespectacled filmmaker generously unveiled a first look "clip" of the "Star Trek" sequel. However, audience must be literally really focused if they want to take a good look at what's inside the "clip" since it only lasts for less than two seconds.
After telling host Conan O'Brien that he wanted to do something special by bringing a "clip" of the film to the talk show, Abrams warned that the video was not "longer than three frames." He additionally gave a hint that the blink-and-you-miss-it footage saw Spock (Zachary Quinto) "in a volcano, in a crazy suit."
Though the film has already got a release date, Abrams still wouldn't reveal a single detail of the plot. Lead actor Chris Pine once hinted that the upcoming sequel would have comedic elements in it. "There's comedy, which I think J.J. does a great job of, but, like the first one, there's some serious issues being dealt with. And I'd say the threat is even greater in this one," he said.
The highly-anticipated sci-fi movie also stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho. It is set for a May 17, 2013 release Stateside.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!