Audio: Adele Unleashes Soulful 'Skyfall' Soundtrack in Full
The wait is over as Adele finally unleashes the full version of the original soundtrack for "Skyfall". Written by the Grammy-winning British singer and her "Rolling in the Deep" collaborator Paul Epworth, the song quickly generates praises for being impressively rich and very Bond-ian.
The lyrics of the soulful ballad itself are said to be fitting the plot and the tragedy that will appear in the upcoming Sam Mendes-directed James Bond movie. "For this is the end/ I've drowned and dreamed this moment/ So overdue, I owe them/ Swept away, I'm stolen," Adele croons the dark-themed track with her signature heavy voice.
"Skyfall", which was initially planned to be titled "Let the Skyfall", marks Adele's first song since she released her mega-hit album "21". She follows the footsteps of previous A-list musicians who made hits by performing the original soundtrack for the 007 film franchise.
Previous notable artists who lent their voice for the British spy franchise included Shirley Bassey ("Goldfinger", "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker"), Paul McCartney ("Live and Let Die"), Duran Duran ("A View to a Kill"), Tina Turner ("GoldenEye"), Madonna ("Die Another Day"), Jack White & Alicia Keys ("Another Way to Die"), and many more.
The twenty-third Bond movie is slated for a November 9 release in cinemas across the United States. Bringing back Daniel Craig as the world's most famous secret agent, the movie will see him in troublesome situation as his loyalty to M is tested. When MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
More Adele News
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses
- Mark Hamill Supports a Dying 'Star Wars' Fan's Wish to Watch 'Rogue One' Early