Sacha Baron Cohen Prepares True-Story Comedy 'The Lesbian'
Sacha Baron Cohen is readying his latest comedy project at Paramount Pictures. The eccentric British funnyman will team up with the studio once again to develop a based-on-true-story pic called "The Lesbian".
Sacha's latest comedy project is inspired by real-life story of a Hong Kong billionaire named Cecil Chao. The richman offered $65 million to any man who would marry his homosexual daughter Gigi.
Cecil recently grabbed international headlines after a French church reportedly blessed his daughter's relationship with her longtime girlfriend. The 76-year-old man himself has never married and is famously known for always dating much younger women.
In its official statement, Paramount confirms that "The Lesbian" is "conceived as a potential starring vehicle for Baron Cohen, who will produce through his Four By Two Films banner." The studio also states that no writer(s) has been attached to the project.
This new project will mark the "Borat" actor's second collaboration with Paramount since he sealed a first-look deal with the studio last May. He recently sold a pitch about James Bond spoof to the studio. Earlier this year, his raunchy comedy "The Dictator" was also released under the studio.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences