'Breaking Dawn II' Soundtrack List Features Green Day, Ellie Goulding and More
With only six weeks left before "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" hits theaters nationwide, Summit Entertainment unveils the tracklist for the film soundtrack. Green Day, who have just released their new record "Uno!", are among those who contribute in the album.
"When we were asked to be part of the Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon," so bassist Mike Dirnt tells Yahoo! Movies, "and we have always been impressed with the way the Twilight soundtracks are so carefully curated."
Also appearing on the soundtrack is English singer/songwriter Ellie Goulding and Christina Perri, who previously penned a love song, "A Thousand Years", for "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I". Nikki Reed, who plays Rosalie in the "Twlight Saga" movie series, also teams up with her husband Paul McDonald in a song titled "All I've Ever Needed" for the album.
"I am so honored and excited to be involved again in this final film and soundtrack," says Perri, who declares herself a Twi-hard. She also claims her new song "A Thousand Years (Part Two)" is "not the same [as the original]," before teasing, "You'll just have to wait and see how."
"Breaking Dawn II" soundtrack will be released November 13, three days before the movie opens in U.S. cinemas on November 16. The film itself sees a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi, the fearsome council of vampire leaders, following the birth of Edward and Bella's daughter Renesmee.
Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner return to reprise their roles as Edward, Bella and Jacob respectively. Bill Condon serves behind the lens with the script provided by Melissa Rosenberg.
- Passion Pit, "Where I Come From"
- Ellie Goulding, "Bittersweet"
- Green Day, "The Forgotten"
- Feist, "Fire in the Water"
- The Boom Circuits, "Everything and Nothing"
- St. Vincent, "The Antidote"
- POP ETC, "Speak Up"
- Iko, "Heart of Stone"
- A Boy and His Kite, "Cover Your Tracks"
- James Vincent McMorrow, "Ghosts"
- Paul McDonald and Nikki Reed, "All I've Ever Needed"
- Reeve Carney, "New for You"
- Christina Perri, "A Thousand Years (Part Two)"
- Carter Burwell, "Plus Que Ma Prope Vie"
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money