Ann Romney to Guest Host 'Good Morning America' on October 10
Ann Romney has got an invite to appear on "Good Morning America", but not as a guest. The wife of presidential candidate Mitt Romney is booked to co-host the show on October 10 in the 8 A.M. ET hour, filling in for Robin Roberts who has taken a medical leave since late August to have bone marrow transplant.
Mrs. Romney will appear on the ABC talk show and news program alongside co-anchor George Stephanopoulos as well as correspondents Lara Spencer, Josh Elliott and Sam Champion. The show has previously tapped Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey, the cast of "Modern Family", Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric and Barbara Walters as guest hosts.
"GMA" is currently also in negotiations with First Lady Michelle Obama to take the same duty. Words are, they are trying to find a date when the wife of President Barack Obama will be available to appear on the show.
Robin Roberts last co-hosted "GMA" on August 30. "This is just see you later. See you soon. I will get back as fast as I can," she said at the time. The 51-year-old later had a bone marrow transplant on September 20, with her sister Sally-Ann Roberts as her donor.
Giving an update on her condition, Roberts tweeted on Wednesday, October 3, "Feel much better now. Blessings." She additionally wrote on her "GMA" blog on Thursday, "I have been in the hospital 25 days now... My sister Sally-Ann's stem cells apparently feel right at home in my body -- an answer to so many prayers."
"I am hopeful that I MAY be well enough to continue my recovery at home next week and my sisters plan to come back to NYC for that milestone in my journey," she continued. "I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes."
More Good Morning America News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'