Mariah Carey: Nicki Minaj Threatened to Shoot Me
Mariah Carey has just confirmed that there was a feud between her and fellow "American Idol" judge Nicki Minaj during the first audition round in Charlotte, North Carolina. "The View" host Barbara Walters said on the show Thursday, October 4 that she spoke to Carey and that the singer told her Minaj has threatened her life.
"Nicki walked off the set and multiple people heard Nicki say, 'If I had a gun I would shoot the b***h'," Walters told her audience. Carey has since hired extra security for safety measure. Carey has also told Walters that Minaj "has not apologized, but they have since been at meetings with producers and judges." After the meeting Minaj warned them that they may be fighting again.
Walters has extended an invitation to Minaj to appear on "The View" and explain her side of story. However, the rapper tweeted, "I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet. Never needed an army. God is good. Insecurity is as cruel as the grave." She added, "I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn."
More Mariah Carey News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones