Mariah Carey: Nicki Minaj Threatened to Shoot Me
Mariah Carey has just confirmed that there was a feud between her and fellow "American Idol" judge Nicki Minaj during the first audition round in Charlotte, North Carolina. "The View" host Barbara Walters said on the show Thursday, October 4 that she spoke to Carey and that the singer told her Minaj has threatened her life.
"Nicki walked off the set and multiple people heard Nicki say, 'If I had a gun I would shoot the b***h'," Walters told her audience. Carey has since hired extra security for safety measure. Carey has also told Walters that Minaj "has not apologized, but they have since been at meetings with producers and judges." After the meeting Minaj warned them that they may be fighting again.
Walters has extended an invitation to Minaj to appear on "The View" and explain her side of story. However, the rapper tweeted, "I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet. Never needed an army. God is good. Insecurity is as cruel as the grave." She added, "I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn."
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7