Nominees for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2013 Announced
Music legends who are battling it out to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for class of 2013 have been revealed. Fans can help determine who's joining the Fame and who's not, marking the first time ever public is allowed to vote along with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame voting body that consists of 600 artists, historians, critics and music industry insiders.
Previously-nominated acts like Chic, Heart, Donna Summer, Kraftwerk, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Randy Newman, Paul Butterfield Blues Band and The Meters are joined by first-time nominees such as Rush, Deep Purple, N.W.A, Public Enemy, Albert King, The Marvelettes and Procol Harum.
The nominees with the most votes will be inducted in a ceremony taking place on April 18, 2013 at the Nokia Theater L.A. in Los Angeles. The show will be broadcast on HBO on a later date. Last April in Cleveland, Ohio, the Hall of Fame honored the likes of Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, Laura Nyro, The Small Faces and Donovan.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale