Lifetime Finds Its Anna Nicole Smith in 'Private Practice' Alum
Lifetime has cast an actress in the lead role for a biopic of Anna Nicole Smith. Agnes Bruckner is chosen to play the late actress and TV personality in the network's original movie "The Anna Nicole Smith Story".
The upcoming telepic will depict the real-life story of Vicky Lynn Hogan. A pretty but plain girl growing up in a small Texas town, Vicky transforms herself into Anna Nicole Smith - a voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe-esque Playboy pin-up and model.
Anna was named Playboy's Playmate of the Year in 1993 and modeled Guess jeans and Lane Bryant before she died of an overdose of prescription drugs in 2007. Her marriage to oil business mogul J. Howard Marshall in 1994 was highly publicized due to their 62-year gap.
John Rice and Joe Batteer will provide the script for the biopic, which is executive produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron and Judith Verno. No director is enlisted for the project just yet.
Agnes Bruckner previously landed a role on such TV series as "24" and "Private Practice". The 27-year-old actress' feature film credits include "The Glass House", "Murder by Numbers" and "The Woods". She will next be seen in "The Baytown Outlaws" which also stars Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic