Lifetime Finds Its Anna Nicole Smith in 'Private Practice' Alum
Lifetime has cast an actress in the lead role for a biopic of Anna Nicole Smith. Agnes Bruckner is chosen to play the late actress and TV personality in the network's original movie "The Anna Nicole Smith Story".
The upcoming telepic will depict the real-life story of Vicky Lynn Hogan. A pretty but plain girl growing up in a small Texas town, Vicky transforms herself into Anna Nicole Smith - a voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe-esque Playboy pin-up and model.
Anna was named Playboy's Playmate of the Year in 1993 and modeled Guess jeans and Lane Bryant before she died of an overdose of prescription drugs in 2007. Her marriage to oil business mogul J. Howard Marshall in 1994 was highly publicized due to their 62-year gap.
John Rice and Joe Batteer will provide the script for the biopic, which is executive produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron and Judith Verno. No director is enlisted for the project just yet.
Agnes Bruckner previously landed a role on such TV series as "24" and "Private Practice". The 27-year-old actress' feature film credits include "The Glass House", "Murder by Numbers" and "The Woods". She will next be seen in "The Baytown Outlaws" which also stars Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media