Jessica Simpson to Sue Magazine for Spreading Lies About Eric Johnson Cheating
Jessica Simpson is furious at Star for making up what she calls "lies" about her fiance Eric Johnson (II). On its new cover, the tabloid displayed Jessica and Eric's picture entitled "Eric Cheats on Jessica!". Written underneath the title was "Fiance Caught - with His Ex".
Regarding the news, Jessica planned to take a legal action against the magazine. Her representative told Gossip Cop about Jessica and Eric's plan to sue the tabloid because they were sick of defamation. So far, the mag's attorney hasn't given any comments.
According to Huffington Post, her friend clarified that the 33-year-old American football tight end didn't cheat on the 32-year-old pop singer with his ex-wife Keri, "The whole thing is ridiculous." The insider went on, "Eric is the most devoted fiance and father. There is not an ounce of truth to this. We will be serving them with a legal notice today. We weren't even consulted for a possible comment."
However, Keri's friend testified to the magazine, "He was sleeping with both of them at the same time." The magazine said that in late September, Jessica discovered Eric's alleged affair when they had a gathering with friends.
A source from Star reported, "One of them made a joke about Eric and his ex-wife still hooking up when he began dating Jessica." Then, the source stated, "After the friends left, Jessica asked Eric if it was true, and she blew up after he admitted to it." Later, the source said in anger, "He's a two-timing cheat! He was still having sex with Keri after he started seeing Jessica. She needs to think twice before marrying him. He's already cheated on her once -- he'll most likely do it again."
Star also added in its article that the man, who welcomed a baby girl back on March 7, had a second thought about marrying the artist. It reported that the scandal could explain why they ended their relationship before she finally revealed her pregnancy.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen