'Saved by the Bell' Star Lark Voorhies Battling Bipolar Disorder
After she shied away from spotlight for a long time, "Saved by the Bell" star Lark Voorhies returned to grab headline with surprising news that she's struggling with bipolar disorder. Her mother Tricia, 64, who lived with the actress in Pasadena, Calif., opened up about the matter in a new interview with PEOPLE.
According to Tricia, the "Saved by the Bell" cancellation and Lark's split from her first husband, Miguel Coleman, affected her mental health. The divorce especially "caused a kind of break." "There are things that have traumatized her," Tricia said. "I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life."
Lark "would frequently stop mid-sentence and stare off, often mumbling to herself or to others who weren't there." Denying her mother's statement, the Lisa Turtle depicter claimed the stares and pauses reflected her "strong spiritual sense." The mother of one explained, "You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."
The 38-year-old actress shrugged off her "over-loving" mother's comment, insisting that there's nothing to worry about. While her co-stars likes Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Mario Lopez remained in the spotlight, it looked like that she disappeared from the radars. However, that's not the case since she's actually working on "low-budget indie productions, recording music and self-publishing her own books."
She was also against seeking psychiatric help as saying, "They don't explain it. They can't treat it. They don't know about it."
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?