Ashton Kutcher Tweets He's 'Safe and Sound' After Home Invasion Prank
Ashton Kutcher assures his fans that no harm comes his way following a prank call that informed people were held hostage in his house. The boyfriend of Mila Kunis tweets from his work on the set of "Two and a Half Men", "Safe an sound at two and a half men."
Police received false information about the house invasion from a woman via a teletext message usually used by a deaf person. She said she hid in the bathroom and there was an armed man inside the house. The cops quickly responded to the scene with guns drawn.
There were reportedly three people working inside the house back then. All of them were ordered out of the building and getting on the ground, but none had any weapons. Also, no woman was found and nothing was out of place when the cops searched the house.
Ashton was not in the house when the prank happened. After contacting the actor to confirm that the people in his house were indeed workers, the cops determined the incident was a hoax. They are now investigating the prank call to find the culprit(s).
The incident happened just two months after Miley Cyrus' house became a target of a similar prank caller. Someone called 911 on Wednesday, August 1 night to inform about a kidnapping, but the house was empty when the cops and a chopper arrived in the area.
A false call to 911 is considered a misdemeanor. The prank caller could face up to three years in jail.
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending