Emma Stone and Nicolas Cage Are Prehistoric Cavemen in First 'The Croods' Trailer
Emma Stone and Nicolas Cage are transformed into animated cavemen in the first trailer for "The Croods". In it, Stone voices Eep, the rebellious daughter of Cage's overprotective father character Grug. Along with the other members of the family, Eep and Grug discover a new world after they become homeless. Plenty of vividly-colored creatures and landscapes are displayed in the video, which highlights adventurous scenes of the prehistoric family.
In the film, Grug stands against a forward-thinking outsider Guy [voiced by Ryan Reynolds], who apparently hasn't appeared in this first trailer. Grug cautiously leads his family beyond his comfort zone after an earthquake destroys their cave. While attempting to navigate the dangerous and unfamiliar world, Grug butts heads with the outsider, who charms Grug's clan - especially his eldest daughter - with his modern-minded ways.
Aside from Stone, Cage and Reynolds, "The Croods" has Catherine Keener, Clark Duke and Cloris Leachman lining up in the voice cast ensemble. Chris Sanders and Kirk De Micco team up to direct and write the animated movie, which is slated for a March 22, 2013 release across the United States.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!