Emma Stone and Nicolas Cage Are Prehistoric Cavemen in First 'The Croods' Trailer
Emma Stone and Nicolas Cage are transformed into animated cavemen in the first trailer for "The Croods". In it, Stone voices Eep, the rebellious daughter of Cage's overprotective father character Grug. Along with the other members of the family, Eep and Grug discover a new world after they become homeless. Plenty of vividly-colored creatures and landscapes are displayed in the video, which highlights adventurous scenes of the prehistoric family.
In the film, Grug stands against a forward-thinking outsider Guy [voiced by Ryan Reynolds], who apparently hasn't appeared in this first trailer. Grug cautiously leads his family beyond his comfort zone after an earthquake destroys their cave. While attempting to navigate the dangerous and unfamiliar world, Grug butts heads with the outsider, who charms Grug's clan - especially his eldest daughter - with his modern-minded ways.
Aside from Stone, Cage and Reynolds, "The Croods" has Catherine Keener, Clark Duke and Cloris Leachman lining up in the voice cast ensemble. Chris Sanders and Kirk De Micco team up to direct and write the animated movie, which is slated for a March 22, 2013 release across the United States.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna