Emma Stone and Nicolas Cage Are Prehistoric Cavemen in First 'The Croods' Trailer
Emma Stone and Nicolas Cage are transformed into animated cavemen in the first trailer for "The Croods". In it, Stone voices Eep, the rebellious daughter of Cage's overprotective father character Grug. Along with the other members of the family, Eep and Grug discover a new world after they become homeless. Plenty of vividly-colored creatures and landscapes are displayed in the video, which highlights adventurous scenes of the prehistoric family.
In the film, Grug stands against a forward-thinking outsider Guy [voiced by Ryan Reynolds], who apparently hasn't appeared in this first trailer. Grug cautiously leads his family beyond his comfort zone after an earthquake destroys their cave. While attempting to navigate the dangerous and unfamiliar world, Grug butts heads with the outsider, who charms Grug's clan - especially his eldest daughter - with his modern-minded ways.
Aside from Stone, Cage and Reynolds, "The Croods" has Catherine Keener, Clark Duke and Cloris Leachman lining up in the voice cast ensemble. Chris Sanders and Kirk De Micco team up to direct and write the animated movie, which is slated for a March 22, 2013 release across the United States.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease