Nicolas Cage Receives Justice From Tabloids Over False Claims
Nicolas Cage's fight for justice has come out fruitful. The actor has just received apologies from two different tabloids for false stories published about him, one being stalking and another being tax evasion.
Star Magazine has issued apology for claiming Cage followed around his young "The Frozen Ground" co-star Vanessa Hudgens. "In a story in the Sept. 17 issue, 'Creepy Cage Stalked His Costar,' we erroneously reported that Nicolas Cage had 'unnerved' High School Musical actress Vanessa Hudgens with his behavior on the set of their new thriller, The Frozen Ground," the mag began.
"Nic and Vanessa denied that any of the reported events occurred, and they confirmed that they're on excellent terms and are eagerly looking forward to the Nov. 30 release of their film. We apologize to Mr. Cage for the error and are happy to set the record straight."
Meanwhile, Cage not only gets an apology for false allegations of tax evasion from Daily Mail online but also undisclosed damages. "My client has secured a complete vindication of his reputation following the publication of a categoric retraction by the MailOnline for what they immediately acknowledged was a completely unfounded and defamatory allegation of tax evasion," Cage's lawyer Paul Tweed said in a statement.
"While my client acknowledges the MailOnline's prompt apology, which was one of the quickest that I have negotiated in recent times, together with the payment of undisclosed damages and his legal costs, he nonetheless remains very concerned that such a false and outrageous headline should have been published in the first place."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?