Nicolas Cage Receives Justice From Tabloids Over False Claims
Nicolas Cage's fight for justice has come out fruitful. The actor has just received apologies from two different tabloids for false stories published about him, one being stalking and another being tax evasion.
Star Magazine has issued apology for claiming Cage followed around his young "The Frozen Ground" co-star Vanessa Hudgens. "In a story in the Sept. 17 issue, 'Creepy Cage Stalked His Costar,' we erroneously reported that Nicolas Cage had 'unnerved' High School Musical actress Vanessa Hudgens with his behavior on the set of their new thriller, The Frozen Ground," the mag began.
"Nic and Vanessa denied that any of the reported events occurred, and they confirmed that they're on excellent terms and are eagerly looking forward to the Nov. 30 release of their film. We apologize to Mr. Cage for the error and are happy to set the record straight."
Meanwhile, Cage not only gets an apology for false allegations of tax evasion from Daily Mail online but also undisclosed damages. "My client has secured a complete vindication of his reputation following the publication of a categoric retraction by the MailOnline for what they immediately acknowledged was a completely unfounded and defamatory allegation of tax evasion," Cage's lawyer Paul Tweed said in a statement.
"While my client acknowledges the MailOnline's prompt apology, which was one of the quickest that I have negotiated in recent times, together with the payment of undisclosed damages and his legal costs, he nonetheless remains very concerned that such a false and outrageous headline should have been published in the first place."
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!