New 'American Horror Story: Asylum' Promo Sees Fear, Lust and Insanity
After a series of teasers, "American Horror Story: Asylum" finally shares real footage in a new promo. Promising to present a terrifying tale of fear, lust and insanity, the sneak peek offers glimpses of a creepy procedure undergone by a patient, a possible affair and terror among other scenes set inside the mental facility.
To premiere Wednesday, October 17 at 10 P.M. ET on FX, the new chapter of the Ryan Murphy-created series will feature a new story set in the 1960s at an institution for the criminally insane on the East Coast. Jessica Lange is cast as Sister Jude, who is an administrator at the asylum.
"This year's theme is about sanity and tackling real-life horrors," Murphy once explained the plotline. Joining Lange in the cast ensemble are Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Adam Levine and Jenna Dewan.
Murphy additionally revealed that the show not only featured nuns and inmates, but also a serial killer and aliens. "I think they want to be scared. I'm just writing what I would like to see," he gushed. "I'm scared of aliens and I'm scared of Nazis and I'm scared of nuns. So it's the perfect stew of horror and fear."
More American Horror Story News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd