New 'American Horror Story: Asylum' Promo Sees Fear, Lust and Insanity
After a series of teasers, "American Horror Story: Asylum" finally shares real footage in a new promo. Promising to present a terrifying tale of fear, lust and insanity, the sneak peek offers glimpses of a creepy procedure undergone by a patient, a possible affair and terror among other scenes set inside the mental facility.
To premiere Wednesday, October 17 at 10 P.M. ET on FX, the new chapter of the Ryan Murphy-created series will feature a new story set in the 1960s at an institution for the criminally insane on the East Coast. Jessica Lange is cast as Sister Jude, who is an administrator at the asylum.
"This year's theme is about sanity and tackling real-life horrors," Murphy once explained the plotline. Joining Lange in the cast ensemble are Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Adam Levine and Jenna Dewan.
Murphy additionally revealed that the show not only featured nuns and inmates, but also a serial killer and aliens. "I think they want to be scared. I'm just writing what I would like to see," he gushed. "I'm scared of aliens and I'm scared of Nazis and I'm scared of nuns. So it's the perfect stew of horror and fear."
More American Horror Story News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen