John Legend Delays Tour and New Album Release
Fans of John Legend must wait a little longer before their idol releases his new album "Love in the Future" and gets back on the road for a tour. The "Ordinary People" singer announced the bad news on his official site, explaining that he hasn't finished working on the Kanye West-produced album so he must postpone his tour which was originally set to kick off this fall.
Stating that he couldn't finish the album "in time" as planned, Legend said, "Unfortunately, while the creative process has been exciting and I'm pretty certain we're going to deliver the best album of my career so far, the timing hasn't adhered to the schedule I originally envisioned." He added, "In other words, we're not done with the album."
"And my team and I have made the agonizing decision to put off the tour until 2013 when we know we will have the new music done and will be ready to fully unveil the creative vision through the album and the live experience," he continued.
Expressing his sorry for letting his fans down, he said, "I've never postponed a tour or done anything like this before. I've only missed a show due to illness a couple times in my eight-year career. I don't like letting my fans down, and I sincerely regret disappointing the thousands of you who have already spent your hard-earned money and gotten excited to see the show."
After thanking fans for their patience, the Ohio-born musician went on gushing that his 2013 tour would be "worth the wait" and he promised that the upcoming album would be the "best you've ever had."
The 33-year-old singer will still throw a gig at the Borgata Spa and Resort Event Center in New Jersey on October 27, as previously scheduled. A concert at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, which was originally slated for October 17, will be pushed back to April 10, 2013. Tickets which were already purchased would be honored for the new date.
"Love in the Future" will mark Legend's first solo album since 2008's "Evolver".
More John Legend News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest