John Legend Delays Tour and New Album Release
Fans of John Legend must wait a little longer before their idol releases his new album "Love in the Future" and gets back on the road for a tour. The "Ordinary People" singer announced the bad news on his official site, explaining that he hasn't finished working on the Kanye West-produced album so he must postpone his tour which was originally set to kick off this fall.
Stating that he couldn't finish the album "in time" as planned, Legend said, "Unfortunately, while the creative process has been exciting and I'm pretty certain we're going to deliver the best album of my career so far, the timing hasn't adhered to the schedule I originally envisioned." He added, "In other words, we're not done with the album."
"And my team and I have made the agonizing decision to put off the tour until 2013 when we know we will have the new music done and will be ready to fully unveil the creative vision through the album and the live experience," he continued.
Expressing his sorry for letting his fans down, he said, "I've never postponed a tour or done anything like this before. I've only missed a show due to illness a couple times in my eight-year career. I don't like letting my fans down, and I sincerely regret disappointing the thousands of you who have already spent your hard-earned money and gotten excited to see the show."
After thanking fans for their patience, the Ohio-born musician went on gushing that his 2013 tour would be "worth the wait" and he promised that the upcoming album would be the "best you've ever had."
The 33-year-old singer will still throw a gig at the Borgata Spa and Resort Event Center in New Jersey on October 27, as previously scheduled. A concert at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, which was originally slated for October 17, will be pushed back to April 10, 2013. Tickets which were already purchased would be honored for the new date.
"Love in the Future" will mark Legend's first solo album since 2008's "Evolver".
More John Legend News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story