Shawn Johnson: I Haven't Lost a Single Pound on 'DWTS'
Shawn Johnson admitted she's having problem of losing her weight during her current participation on "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars". Despite going through vigorous rehearsals to master her moves, the 20-year-old athlete said she hadn't lost a single pound.
"[Other contestants] are like, 'I've lost 10 pounds,' and I'm like, 'Cool, good for you,' " the gymnast told PEOPLE backstage after "DWTS" performance show on Monday, October 1. The Olympian gold medalist added, "I think over time, my body will change. It's just different."
"Especially coming from Olympic training, I'm used to seven hours a day of the hardest workouts, so it takes more. It's not like the others who are like, 'Oh, I lost 13 pounds in two days,' " continued the winner of "DWTS" season 8.
She retired from competitive gymnastics last summer due to knee injury. Now that she's back competing in the ballroom, Shawn returned to her intense workout. "I train before [dance] rehearsals," she said. "I have a Nike trainer I work with every day, one or two hours before I rehearse."
Her pro dancer partner, Derek Hough, jokingly chimed in, "I feel like an old man next to her sometimes. She's like the energizer bunny. She's like, 'Let's go again.' I said, 'Listen, I don't run 10 miles before I rehearse.' She's like, 'I've been up since 5:30 A.M.' "
Shawn and Derek survived elimination this week. Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson were sent home in the second week of the dancing competition.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences