Lindsay Lohan Opens Up About Being Abused at School
Affected by an episode of Katie Couric's show about "Bullying: A National Epidemic", which aired on October 2, Lindsay Lohan wrote down in Twitter, "@KatieCouric I think what you did today on your show for #WhitneyKropp was lovely. It had me crying. I'd love to meet her. #stopbullying." In "Katie", Whitney Kropp became a guest and told Katie about her being abused.
Afterward, Lindsay opened up about her past to Katie in Twitter, "I was actually bullied @ my public school when i would leave to film. Whenever I came back ... girls & boys would call me names. They would also mock me because of my home situation, when people found out that my father was in jail." Then, she continued, "They would yell things, try to trip me & more ... I moved to home-schooling instead. In 11th grade. I stuck it out for a while. So I can relate to the girls that you spoke with on your show today. I appreciate you reaching out to them. xo."
The 16-year-old Whitney herself is a Michigan student, who was fooled by her friends into believing that she was nominated for a homecoming court. In the Katie show, the high schooler opened up about the mean prank and how humiliated and hurt she was. Her mother also testified about the pain her daughter faced at the time.
Before revealing her dark school days to Katie, Lindsay accused 25-year-old Christian LaBella of assaulting her inside a New York hotel room. The "Mean Girls" star and the man were reported partying for hours, before he took 50 photographs of her and the whole incident led them into an argument. It was reported that he threw her on bed, climbed up her body and strangled her. Luckily for her, her friends came to save her and the police arrived on time to arrest the man. The case was canceled due to lack of evidence.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art