'Breaking Dawn II' First-Day Advance Ticket Sales Smash Record, Final Poster Comes Out
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" will not grace the U.S. theaters until next month, but it already scores a record in the film franchise. It is reported that the first-day advance ticket sales of the final "Twilight Saga" film have shattered the record held by "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" in 2011.
Going on sale last Monday, October 1, the tickets reportedly managed to take in a whooping $1.17 million on its first day. The result was 87% higher than the $626,000 gross for "Breaking Dawn I" first-day advance ticket sales last year. The massive gross also surpassed the three-day cume of the first "Breaking Dawn" film.
According to Deadline, over a quarter of all tickets sold on Monday were from those who bought tickets for "Twilight" movie marathon. The event, which will screen all five movies in the franchise, is set to be held on November 15, a day before the nationwide release of "Breaking Dawn II".
Almost at the same time, "Breaking Dawn II" gives a special treat to its fans by unveiling the full version of its final poster. Set in a snowy landscape, the one-sheet shows Edward, Bella and Jacob leading the wolf pack and the Cullen allies as they get ready to embark on a battle against the Volturi.
To be released Stateside on November 16, "Breaking Dawn II" will take place after the birth of Bella and Edward's daughter Renesmee. The couple must now face a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi, which is the fearsome council of vampire leaders. Lead actors Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were recently confirmed to appear together for the film's press tour beginning from mid October.
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip