'Breaking Dawn II' First-Day Advance Ticket Sales Smash Record, Final Poster Comes Out
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" will not grace the U.S. theaters until next month, but it already scores a record in the film franchise. It is reported that the first-day advance ticket sales of the final "Twilight Saga" film have shattered the record held by "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" in 2011.
Going on sale last Monday, October 1, the tickets reportedly managed to take in a whooping $1.17 million on its first day. The result was 87% higher than the $626,000 gross for "Breaking Dawn I" first-day advance ticket sales last year. The massive gross also surpassed the three-day cume of the first "Breaking Dawn" film.
According to Deadline, over a quarter of all tickets sold on Monday were from those who bought tickets for "Twilight" movie marathon. The event, which will screen all five movies in the franchise, is set to be held on November 15, a day before the nationwide release of "Breaking Dawn II".
Almost at the same time, "Breaking Dawn II" gives a special treat to its fans by unveiling the full version of its final poster. Set in a snowy landscape, the one-sheet shows Edward, Bella and Jacob leading the wolf pack and the Cullen allies as they get ready to embark on a battle against the Volturi.
To be released Stateside on November 16, "Breaking Dawn II" will take place after the birth of Bella and Edward's daughter Renesmee. The couple must now face a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi, which is the fearsome council of vampire leaders. Lead actors Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were recently confirmed to appear together for the film's press tour beginning from mid October.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama