'Breaking Dawn II' First-Day Advance Ticket Sales Smash Record, Final Poster Comes Out
"The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" will not grace the U.S. theaters until next month, but it already scores a record in the film franchise. It is reported that the first-day advance ticket sales of the final "Twilight Saga" film have shattered the record held by "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" in 2011.
Going on sale last Monday, October 1, the tickets reportedly managed to take in a whooping $1.17 million on its first day. The result was 87% higher than the $626,000 gross for "Breaking Dawn I" first-day advance ticket sales last year. The massive gross also surpassed the three-day cume of the first "Breaking Dawn" film.
According to Deadline, over a quarter of all tickets sold on Monday were from those who bought tickets for "Twilight" movie marathon. The event, which will screen all five movies in the franchise, is set to be held on November 15, a day before the nationwide release of "Breaking Dawn II".
Almost at the same time, "Breaking Dawn II" gives a special treat to its fans by unveiling the full version of its final poster. Set in a snowy landscape, the one-sheet shows Edward, Bella and Jacob leading the wolf pack and the Cullen allies as they get ready to embark on a battle against the Volturi.
To be released Stateside on November 16, "Breaking Dawn II" will take place after the birth of Bella and Edward's daughter Renesmee. The couple must now face a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi, which is the fearsome council of vampire leaders. Lead actors Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson were recently confirmed to appear together for the film's press tour beginning from mid October.
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash