Dave Grohl Takes a Break From Foo Fighters to Make 'Sound City' Movie and Album
Dave Grohl issues an official statement following his statement during a recent Global Citizen concert in NYC that Foo Fighters will go on a hiatus. The lead singer says he will shift his priorities to complete his solo projects, a documentary movie and a soundtrack to accompany it that will be released sometime soon.
"No gold watches or vacations just yet," he reveals what he's going to do during the break. "I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready...it's coming."
He assures fans that he's not leaving the band. "I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world," he explains.
"Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while..."
"Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you," he graciously acknowledges fans' support. "Me, Taylor (Hawkins), Nate (Mendel), Pat (Smear), Chris (Shiflett), and Rami (Jaffee)... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere..."
Foo Fighters' last concert in the NYC was to raise awareness against poverty. "Without making a big deal out of it, we don't have any shows after this. This is it, man," Dave said back then. "Honestly, I don't know when we're gonna do it again ... and this is the perfect place to do it."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video