First Look: Daniel Radcliffe Goes Demonic for 'Horns'
Daniel Radcliffe lets out his inner demon in a first photo of his upcoming thriller film "Horns". Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the image sees the British actor channeling a character which is a far cry from his signature role as wizard boy Harry Potter. He is featured striking an evil glare with a pair of horns growing from his bleeding forehead.
The 23-year-old actor began his work on the set of the Alexandre Aja-directed supernatural film in Vancouver on Tuesday, October 2. Discussing his dark character Ignatius Perrish with EW, the London native gushed, "It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before."
He went on explaining that the new role was "deeply emotional and also incredibly outrageous in some ways." He added, "To play somebodey who, in the midst of a time in his life of great turmoil anyway, undergoes this horrific transformation into a devil character - it was very, very exciting."
Radcliffe's Ignatius "Ig" Perrish is a 26-year-old guy who awakens from a black-out hangover to find horns sprouting from his head. As his horns grow bigger, Ig sets out to investigate the unsolved murder of his girlfriend and the case's connection to his cursed fate.
Written by Keith Bunin, "Horns" is also supported by Max Minghella, Juno Temple, Joe Anderson and Kelli Garner. The film still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
Radcliffe has been attached to several dark movies post-"Harry Potter". He was last seen starring in horror flick "The Woman in Black", and would next be seen playing prominent Beat poet Allen Ginsberg in "Kill Your Darlings". His other upcoming film is "The F-Word" which also stars Zoe Kazan. Most recently, he was reportedly eyeing the role of Hunchback in an untitled Frankenstein project to be helmed by Paul McGuigan.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame