First Look: Daniel Radcliffe Goes Demonic for 'Horns'
Daniel Radcliffe lets out his inner demon in a first photo of his upcoming thriller film "Horns". Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the image sees the British actor channeling a character which is a far cry from his signature role as wizard boy Harry Potter. He is featured striking an evil glare with a pair of horns growing from his bleeding forehead.
The 23-year-old actor began his work on the set of the Alexandre Aja-directed supernatural film in Vancouver on Tuesday, October 2. Discussing his dark character Ignatius Perrish with EW, the London native gushed, "It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before."
He went on explaining that the new role was "deeply emotional and also incredibly outrageous in some ways." He added, "To play somebodey who, in the midst of a time in his life of great turmoil anyway, undergoes this horrific transformation into a devil character - it was very, very exciting."
Radcliffe's Ignatius "Ig" Perrish is a 26-year-old guy who awakens from a black-out hangover to find horns sprouting from his head. As his horns grow bigger, Ig sets out to investigate the unsolved murder of his girlfriend and the case's connection to his cursed fate.
Written by Keith Bunin, "Horns" is also supported by Max Minghella, Juno Temple, Joe Anderson and Kelli Garner. The film still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
Radcliffe has been attached to several dark movies post-"Harry Potter". He was last seen starring in horror flick "The Woman in Black", and would next be seen playing prominent Beat poet Allen Ginsberg in "Kill Your Darlings". His other upcoming film is "The F-Word" which also stars Zoe Kazan. Most recently, he was reportedly eyeing the role of Hunchback in an untitled Frankenstein project to be helmed by Paul McGuigan.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'