'Boardwalk Empire' Officially Renewed for Fourth Season
The inevitable renewal of "Boardwalk Empire" has been announced. HBO has ordered the fourth season of the award-winning series which has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season and recently picked four Emmys.
"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO president, HBO Programming, Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."
Overall, "Boardwalk Empire" averaged 8.6 million viewers an episode on various platforms last season. The season 2 finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3 million viewers.
Meanwhile, HBO is still mum on the fate of "Treme" although series co-creator David Simon said recently that the show will be given a final season, a shorter one, to close the story.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger