'Boardwalk Empire' Officially Renewed for Fourth Season
The inevitable renewal of "Boardwalk Empire" has been announced. HBO has ordered the fourth season of the award-winning series which has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season and recently picked four Emmys.
"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO president, HBO Programming, Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."
Overall, "Boardwalk Empire" averaged 8.6 million viewers an episode on various platforms last season. The season 2 finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3 million viewers.
Meanwhile, HBO is still mum on the fate of "Treme" although series co-creator David Simon said recently that the show will be given a final season, a shorter one, to close the story.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?