'Boardwalk Empire' Officially Renewed for Fourth Season
The inevitable renewal of "Boardwalk Empire" has been announced. HBO has ordered the fourth season of the award-winning series which has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season and recently picked four Emmys.
"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO president, HBO Programming, Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."
Overall, "Boardwalk Empire" averaged 8.6 million viewers an episode on various platforms last season. The season 2 finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3 million viewers.
Meanwhile, HBO is still mum on the fate of "Treme" although series co-creator David Simon said recently that the show will be given a final season, a shorter one, to close the story.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game