'Boardwalk Empire' Officially Renewed for Fourth Season
The inevitable renewal of "Boardwalk Empire" has been announced. HBO has ordered the fourth season of the award-winning series which has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season and recently picked four Emmys.
"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO president, HBO Programming, Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."
Overall, "Boardwalk Empire" averaged 8.6 million viewers an episode on various platforms last season. The season 2 finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3 million viewers.
Meanwhile, HBO is still mum on the fate of "Treme" although series co-creator David Simon said recently that the show will be given a final season, a shorter one, to close the story.
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos