'Boardwalk Empire' Officially Renewed for Fourth Season
The inevitable renewal of "Boardwalk Empire" has been announced. HBO has ordered the fourth season of the award-winning series which has averaged 2.5 million viewers through the first two episodes of its third season and recently picked four Emmys.
"Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese and the rest of their outstanding team continue to produce a stunning show that never fails to surprise and entertain," said HBO president, HBO Programming, Michael Lombardo. "We are excited to bring this unique series back for a fourth season."
Overall, "Boardwalk Empire" averaged 8.6 million viewers an episode on various platforms last season. The season 2 finale was the show's highest-rated episode of 2011 with 3 million viewers.
Meanwhile, HBO is still mum on the fate of "Treme" although series co-creator David Simon said recently that the show will be given a final season, a shorter one, to close the story.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?