John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John Reunite in Christmas Album
"Grease" fans may scream in glee for John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are reuniting for a holiday album called "This Christmas". The on-screen couple sing in an original song called "I Think You Might Like It" which is described in the release as "the sequel to 'You're the One That I Want' ", written by John Farrar, who also penned the famous 1978 "Grease" duet.
"From the moment we decided to to this, magic happened," Travolta said in a statement. "Everyone we contacted agreed to do it." The idea came out after Newton-John sent a Christmastime text message to Travolta to remind him that "You're the One..." had "just become the best-selling duet in pop music history."
The actor explained, "My desire was to make 'This Christmas' an intimate album, not something too ostentatious or showy. I wanted people to be able to play it around the house or in the car during the holidays, and make us part of your celebration." Newton-John added, "We all felt a wonderful, joyful energy while recording this album. We want to make a lot of people smile and happy."
The album, which will be released on November 13, also features all-star line-up including Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett, James Taylor and Kenny G. Proceeds from the album will benefit Jett Travolta Foundation and the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre.
More John Travolta News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood