John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John Reunite in Christmas Album
"Grease" fans may scream in glee for John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are reuniting for a holiday album called "This Christmas". The on-screen couple sing in an original song called "I Think You Might Like It" which is described in the release as "the sequel to 'You're the One That I Want' ", written by John Farrar, who also penned the famous 1978 "Grease" duet.
"From the moment we decided to to this, magic happened," Travolta said in a statement. "Everyone we contacted agreed to do it." The idea came out after Newton-John sent a Christmastime text message to Travolta to remind him that "You're the One..." had "just become the best-selling duet in pop music history."
The actor explained, "My desire was to make 'This Christmas' an intimate album, not something too ostentatious or showy. I wanted people to be able to play it around the house or in the car during the holidays, and make us part of your celebration." Newton-John added, "We all felt a wonderful, joyful energy while recording this album. We want to make a lot of people smile and happy."
The album, which will be released on November 13, also features all-star line-up including Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett, James Taylor and Kenny G. Proceeds from the album will benefit Jett Travolta Foundation and the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre.
More John Travolta News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal