Condolences Pouring In for 'RuPaul Drag Race' Contestant Sahara Davenport
While cause of death is still a mystery, condolences have been pouring in for "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant Sahara Davenport who died at the age of 27. Series host RuPaul expressed his sadness on Twitter, writing "Shocked & heartbroken over [Davenport]. Never occurred to me that we'd ever lose one of my girls. I see them as immortal."
Davenport was born Antoine Ashley in Dallas. He jumped into the drag business after studying dance in Southern Methodist University and earning a degree in it. After participating in the second season of the Logo series, Davenport performed in many gay bars and clubs, and appeared on David Guetta and Chris Willis' music video for "Getting' Over".
"Logo is profoundly saddened by the passing of Antoine Ashley who fans around the world knew and loved as Sahara Davenport," the network said in a statement on Facebook. "He was an amazing artist and entertainer who'll be deeply missed by his Logo family. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family, especially his boyfriend Karl, in their time of need."
Fellow season 2 contestant JuJubee posted on Facebook, "A beautiful angel has been added to Heaven. Rest in peace my sweet friend. We will miss you, Sahara Davenport."
More RuPaul's Drag Race News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates