Condolences Pouring In for 'RuPaul Drag Race' Contestant Sahara Davenport
While cause of death is still a mystery, condolences have been pouring in for "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant Sahara Davenport who died at the age of 27. Series host RuPaul expressed his sadness on Twitter, writing "Shocked & heartbroken over [Davenport]. Never occurred to me that we'd ever lose one of my girls. I see them as immortal."
Davenport was born Antoine Ashley in Dallas. He jumped into the drag business after studying dance in Southern Methodist University and earning a degree in it. After participating in the second season of the Logo series, Davenport performed in many gay bars and clubs, and appeared on David Guetta and Chris Willis' music video for "Getting' Over".
"Logo is profoundly saddened by the passing of Antoine Ashley who fans around the world knew and loved as Sahara Davenport," the network said in a statement on Facebook. "He was an amazing artist and entertainer who'll be deeply missed by his Logo family. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family, especially his boyfriend Karl, in their time of need."
Fellow season 2 contestant JuJubee posted on Facebook, "A beautiful angel has been added to Heaven. Rest in peace my sweet friend. We will miss you, Sahara Davenport."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing