Joe Kasdan's Teen Drama 'The First Time' Unleashes First Trailer
Jon Kasdan's coming-of-age drama "The First Time" has debuted its very first trailer. Highlighting a teen-friendly story, the sneak peek focuses on a boy and a girl who bond in an unlikely friendship and slowly fall in love with each other. As their relationship gets even more serious, the young couple aims to try new things, such as having sex for the first time.
Dubbed a "modern look at the angst, anticipation and hopefulness of young love," "The First Time" focuses on Dave [Dylan O'Brien], a high school senior who spends most of his time pining away over a girl he can't have. There's also Aubrey [Brittany Robertson], a junior with artistic aspirations who is ignored by her hot boyfriend.
Dave and Aubrey meet one night at a party. A casual conversation soon sparks an instant connection between them. Over the course of a weekend, things turn magical, romantic, complicated and funny as both of them discover what it's like to fall in love for the first time.
The teen drama, which was first screened at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, also stars Victoria Justice, James Frecheville, Craig Roberts, Joshua Malina, Halston Sage, Molly C. Quinn and Maggie Elizabeth Jones. In addition to serving behind the lens, Kasdan works to pen the script.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video