'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Taps Emmy Winner Danny Strong as Writer
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" hasn't even wrapped its production, but Lionsgate Films is already working on its follow-up "Mockingjay", which is parted into two installments. Variety reports that the studio has tapped Danny Strong as the screenwriter for the final chapter of "The Hunger Games" film series.
Multiple insiders reveal that the award-winning writer of HBO's "Game Change" will pen the scripts for both "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2". Lionsgate, however, has yet to make an official statement to confirm the report.
The first part of "Mockingjay" is scheduled to open in the U.S. on November 21, 2014, while the second one will be unleashed nationwide on November 20 a year later. The upcoming films will not mark Strong's first duty in adapting a bestselling novel. He has previously written "The Lost Symbol", which was a sequel to Dan Brown's hit series "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons".
Lionsgate is currently focusing on the filming of "Catching Fire" with director Francis Lawrence. The second movie in the franchise has Oscar winner Simon Beaufoy serving as the screenwriter. With Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth returning as the three major characters Katniss, Peeta and Gale respectively, the film is due to come out Stateside on November 22 next year.
As for Danny Strong, he has just won two Emmys for writing and co-exec producing "Game Change". His recent screenwriting works include Lee Daniels' "The Butler", and a CBS legal drama series which has David O. Russell serving as the director.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal