Preview of Adele's 'Skyfall' Theme Song Surfaces
Not long after it's confirmed that Adele would lend her voice to "Skyfall" theme song, a snippet of the track leaks online. In the 90-second preview, the Grammy Award-winning singer can be heard belting out the song, "Let the sky fall, and it crumbles/ We will stand tall/ And face it all together."
The slow-jammed tune, which is also titled "Skyfall", was co-written by the English songstress and her frequent collaborator Paul Epworth, who also produced the song. It features orchestrations by J. A. C. Redford and marks the first song she recorded since she released her chart-topper album "21" in 2011.
"I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for 'Skyfall'," Adele said of how she was drawn to the project. "There's a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no brainer to do it in the end."
She went on sharing, "It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I've never done which made it exciting. When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I'll be back combing my hair when I'm 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day, I'm sure!"
"Skyfall" theme song will be released in full Thursday, October 4 at 7:07 P.M. EST and fans can pre-order it on iTunes. The movie itself, which features Daniel Craig reprising his role as the famous spy agent James Bond, will hit U.S. theaters on November 9.
More Adele News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly