Preview of Adele's 'Skyfall' Theme Song Surfaces
Not long after it's confirmed that Adele would lend her voice to "Skyfall" theme song, a snippet of the track leaks online. In the 90-second preview, the Grammy Award-winning singer can be heard belting out the song, "Let the sky fall, and it crumbles/ We will stand tall/ And face it all together."
The slow-jammed tune, which is also titled "Skyfall", was co-written by the English songstress and her frequent collaborator Paul Epworth, who also produced the song. It features orchestrations by J. A. C. Redford and marks the first song she recorded since she released her chart-topper album "21" in 2011.
"I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for 'Skyfall'," Adele said of how she was drawn to the project. "There's a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no brainer to do it in the end."
She went on sharing, "It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I've never done which made it exciting. When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I'll be back combing my hair when I'm 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day, I'm sure!"
"Skyfall" theme song will be released in full Thursday, October 4 at 7:07 P.M. EST and fans can pre-order it on iTunes. The movie itself, which features Daniel Craig reprising his role as the famous spy agent James Bond, will hit U.S. theaters on November 9.
More Adele News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama