'Emily Owens, M.D.' Pilot Debuts Online
Fifteen days before premiering "Emily Owens, M.D.", The CW has made the first episode of its new series available for viewing pleasure online. It follows the titular character on her first day as a surgical intern at Denver Memorial Hospital.
While she is ready to leave her high school persona of geeky-girl-with-flop-sweats behind, Emily quickly realizes that a hospital is a lot like high school when she is faced with her medical school crush Will Collins and high school nemesis Cassandra Kopelson. Fellow intern Tyra Dupre makes it even clearer to Emily that the jocks have become orthopedic surgeons, the mean girls are in plastics and the rebels are in the ER.
Mamie Gummer takes the lead role of Emily, with "Smallville" alum Justin Hartley playing Emily's love interest Will. Also supported by Necar Zadegan, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix and Michael Rady among others, the show will begin airing on The CW Tuesday, October 16 at 9 P.M.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik