'Emily Owens, M.D.' Pilot Debuts Online
Fifteen days before premiering "Emily Owens, M.D.", The CW has made the first episode of its new series available for viewing pleasure online. It follows the titular character on her first day as a surgical intern at Denver Memorial Hospital.
While she is ready to leave her high school persona of geeky-girl-with-flop-sweats behind, Emily quickly realizes that a hospital is a lot like high school when she is faced with her medical school crush Will Collins and high school nemesis Cassandra Kopelson. Fellow intern Tyra Dupre makes it even clearer to Emily that the jocks have become orthopedic surgeons, the mean girls are in plastics and the rebels are in the ER.
Mamie Gummer takes the lead role of Emily, with "Smallville" alum Justin Hartley playing Emily's love interest Will. Also supported by Necar Zadegan, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix and Michael Rady among others, the show will begin airing on The CW Tuesday, October 16 at 9 P.M.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'